Itch, itch, itch.....

Old April 1st 04, 04:36 AM
JennP

Default Itch, itch, itch.....

"mountainspring" wrote in message

Does anybody have any idea what this might be?? I don't think its
thrush, as this is the only symptom I have (no pain) and my son is not
showing signs of thrush either. I had initially thought it was just dry
skin, but its just this one patch, and it won't clear up.

Is it discolored at all? If so, I'd see your doctor about it. It could just
be a patch of exczema, but if I were you I'd just get it checked out to make
sure it is nothing. Can't hurt.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old April 1st 04, 08:51 AM
Tine Andersen

mountainspring" wrote in message
For the past couple of months, I've been dealing with an extremely itchy
patch on my right breast just on the edge of my areola, It is an area
maybe an inch square and generally doesn't appear any different than the
area around it (when I've been scratching it, it does appear red and
raw).

Dry skin??

Tine, Denmark

Old April 1st 04, 12:57 PM
Poppy

"mountainspring" wrote in message
For the past couple of months, I've been dealing with an extremely itchy
patch on my right breast just on the edge of my areola, It is an area
maybe an inch square and generally doesn't appear any different than the
area around it (when I've been scratching it, it does appear red and
raw). It is not persistently itchy, but when it does itch, it *really*
itches, driving me crazy. Lansinoh helps stop the itching, but doesn't
seem to be helping in clearing this up.

Does anybody have any idea what this might be?? I don't think its
thrush, as this is the only symptom I have (no pain) and my son is not
showing signs of thrush either. I had initially thought it was just dry
skin, but its just this one patch, and it won't clear up.

Thanks for your help,
Kate

--
reply to
mountainspring at softhome dot net

Hmm I had this same weird itching about Xmas time. Saw the Dr - she said it
might be dry skin so gave me heavy moisturiser but still it itched on and
spread. No redness, flakiness, nowt, just itchy. So we tried an anti-itch
cream which made it even worse!!!! In the end I tried Canesten (an
anti-fungal thrush cream) and lo and behold it went in two days. We've had
lots of thrushy annoyances but there were no signs this time in DS. Try
treating it as thrush - it might just work like it did for me :-)

HTH
--Poppy

Old April 1st 04, 05:35 PM
iphigenia

mountainspring wrote:

I'll be seeing my midwife at the end of the month, and will ask her
then. If it is excezma, how would I know, and what can I do about it?

Well, either a medical professional would diagnose it, or you'd do some
research online about eczema (which, by the way, is the correct spelling).
It's not curable; it's generally treated with steroids.

http://www.aad.org/pamphlets/eczema.html
http://www.eczema.org/
http://my.webmd.com/hw/allergies/hw216107.asp

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old April 1st 04, 05:36 PM
zeldabee

mountainspring was all, like:
Poppy wrote:

Hmm I had this same weird itching about Xmas time. Saw the Dr - she
said it might be dry skin so gave me heavy moisturiser but still it
itched on and spread. No redness, flakiness, nowt, just itchy. So
we tried an anti-itch cream which made it even worse!!!! In the end
I tried Canesten (an anti-fungal thrush cream) and lo and behold it
went in two days. We've had lots of thrushy annoyances but there
were no signs this time in DS. Try treating it as thrush - it might
just work like it did for me :-)

This hasn't spread at all, it's still in exactly the same area as when
it started. I will look into thrush though, even though I hope that's
not what I have.

It might be some other type of fungus, in which case the antifungal cream
would probably be helpful.

Old April 1st 04, 10:15 PM
GlintingHedgehog

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:35:31 -0700, iphigenia wrote:

Well, either a medical professional would diagnose it, or you'd do some
research online about eczema (which, by the way, is the correct spelling).
It's not curable; it's generally treated with steroids.

Three of my four children have had eczema treated with homeopathy - two of
them were cured & we're seeing good results with the third. We haven't had
to resort to steroids for any of them (dh spent 40 years using steroid
creams, finally agreed to try homeopathy himself after seeing the results
on the kids, & his skin is better than it's ever been).

I know there's a great deal of scepticism about homeopathy (particularly in
North America) but it works for us :-)

--
Hedgehog