Queen's doctor warns of homoeopathy crisis

Old September 2nd 07, 08:29 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Ilena Rose

Default Queen's doctor warns of homoeopathy crisis

http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2919644.ece

Thanks, John ... link is working.

Definitely ... with crusading Barrett in the driver's seat for quite a
while,the Quackbuster Brigade have been on this same rampage. The
British team have made many headroads into media and the NIH.

In one of the cases Barrett's NCAHF lost to Botanical Labs, the Judges
knew exactly what was going on. They wrote that Barrett, the losing
appellant:
http://www.humanticsfoundation.com/n...-botanical.htm

"... believes that no one should be allowed to market homeopathic
remedies."

Full closing quote of NCAHF vs Botanical Labs.
After this stunning loss, the NCAHF was suspended by the State of
California for over 4 years.

"Appellant believes that no one should be allowed to market
homeopathic remedies. Congress has decided otherwise, and officially
recognizes the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia. Appellant's broad-brush
approach of sweeping all homeopathic remedies into a single bag marked
"undesirable" simply does not work in the courts, where each claimed
instance of unfair advertising and unfair business practice must be
closely scrutinized. Appellant failed to present any admissible
evidence in this case that respondents are guilty of false advertising
and unfair business practices with respect to any of their products."

Old September 2nd 07, 08:50 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Myrl

On Sep 2, 12:29 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
http://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2919644.ece

Thanks, John ... link is working.

Definitely ... with crusading Barrett in the driver's seat for quite a
while,the Quackbuster Brigade have been on this same rampage. The
British team have made many headroads into media and the NIH.

Although, I am not in agreement with all Quackbuster and Barrett
targets, I most definitely agree with many if not most of them.

I am also very GRATEFUL, there are people out there, who will in part
attempt to take on QUACKS, who are relentless of looking for the
UNSUSPECTING, UNINFORMED and the UNPROTECTED, from their often
FRAUDULENT, UNFOUNDED, and definitely UNPROVEN CLAIMS.

If not THEM. . .Then WHO?

Old September 2nd 07, 09:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Ilena Rose

Thank you Myrl for this quotable .. I almost choked on my Noni juice!

Myrl ... in deference to the industry friendly, pharmaceutical bent
and funded ACSH/junkscience.com/quackwatch Team ... in utter
confusion queries:

If not THEM. . .Then WHO?

http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover

http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Do you have faith in conventional medicine?

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...watchwatch.htm
Con Med Media Central

Note from Ilena Rosenthal: Bravo To Mercola for this excellent, fact
filled expose on Con Med. After working for 12 years with women harmed
by breast implants, I know too well the damage done once someone gets
hooked into the Con Med Game.

As both Dr. Mercola and I know, Steve "The Media" Barrett fills
various medium with the Con Med point of view. Barrett SLAPP sued Dr.
Mercola TWICE in his unbridled hatred of his viewpoints.

If someone dies that has even remotely been associated with
"alternative medicine" ... Barrett's Parrots let out a wail and
attempt to villianize and promote hatred for the doctor and/or clinic.
When Coretta Scott King chose to go to an alterntive clinic in Mexico
and passed away there before any treatments were even attempted ...
Barrett's guerrillas swept in with Barrett filling the internet with
hate messages about the clinic where she went to die.

Another beloved doctor who believes in homeopathy has had his practice
villianized by Barrett and Team ... and with only the tiniest of
infractions after 40 years of practice was torn apart and scrutinized
.... this doctor is trounced on by people without so much as a college
education but who promote Barrett's hatred on Usenet.

What this does, is attempt to cover up these facts:

Sampling below

I highly recommend any with ears to hear and eyes to see to watch
this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPI7zdGdqo4#

Every year, 7.5 million unnecessary medical and surgical procedures
are peformed.

At least 106,000 people die every year from adverse drug reactions.

A mere 6% of all adverse drug reactions are properly identified.

Most side effects are instead mistaken for new disease symptoms,
leading to further drugging and unnecessary medical procedures,
increasing the risk of death even further.

The mortality rate for people between the ages of 45-64 who took their
prescription drugs correctly, rose 90% in just five years.

More than half of the United States population have received
unnecessary medical treatment.

That's about 50,000 people per day.

42% have been directly affected by a medical mistake, from a procedure
or drug, and 84% of our population personally know someone who's been
a victim of a medical error.

These medical errors and deaths equate to six jumbo jets falling out
of the sky each and every day.

The only difference is the media coverage - there's no public displays
of grief for those who die of faulty medicine.

The deaths caused by Con Med, in just one decade, equate to
approximately 8 million.

.... more at the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPI7zdGdqo4#
Old September 3rd 07, 12:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Myrl

On Sep 2, 1:58 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:

Myrl ... in deference to the industry friendly, pharmaceutical bent
and funded ACSH/junkscience.com/quackwatch Team ... in utter
confusion queries:

If not THEM. . .Then WHO?

Again Ilena - THEN WHO??? You seem content to bash just about
everyone that tries to create some regulation and oversight for
alternative medicine regimes. But at the same time you are bashing
the FDA for it's failures to regulate.

You demand oversight for pharmaseudical companies, but apparently want
NO oversight of your friends in QUACK medicine land.

So, until things possibly change, I am GRATEFUL there are people, who
attempt to protect the consummer form medical fraud, and outrageous
QUACK medicine and remedies, which are either ineffective, worthless,
and/or downright dangerous.

By the way where did you say the PROOF was, that Dr. Haimes' remedy
pushed at your Humantics tea party, was a "PROVEN CURE FOR SILICONE
VICTIMS"? Where are the studies, where is the proof?

In addition, I recall being told when Patrick Hughes was traveling
about, and meeting with some of our women in various regions speaking
about how we should vote on the Dow plan, there was at least one
meeting in one region, where there was and accompanying or adjacent
meeting for the women, with an alternative medicine doctor, believed
to be possibly Dr. Weston. The info I received, was that statements
were being made the doctor had a health regimine which "cured silicone
women."

What is amazing, is that Ilena throws around the terms, "Disbarred,"
"Unlicensed," "Failed," a great deal when she discribes her enemies.

But, when it comes to her own associates, she turns a blind eye, to
NEVER LICENSED, PRACTICING WITHOUT A LICENSE, AND REPREMANDED.

If it walks like a duck, and especially QUACKS like a duck. . .then it
must be a QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!