Hating Autism

Old March 8th 07, 08:57 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Default Hating Autism

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Arak wrote:
On Mar 6, 4:06 pm, Mark Probert wrote:
Arak wrote:
One fed up parent?
You must be referring to John Best, infester of Autism Blogs. John is
one of those people who feels that he has a defective, broken child and
will subject the poor kid to any treatment, any time, from any one just
to see if he can be repaired. I have blogged with him for quite a while.

John is a very sad case.

Every time I read one of John's posts, I feel like crying for his son. I
can only hope that the child does not realize how his father hates him.

I don't say this very often, but that poor boy! I hope that he never
realizes how much his father hates him, or ever reads his father's
blogs.

If anything is poisoning that boy, it's his father's attitude. A
parent who hates a child so should not be allowed to have custody of
that child, IMHO. It destroys a child who did not ask to be born and
did not ask to be hated.

Too bad social services cannot remove kids from homes with parents who
hate them so.

There's the real injustice in my opinion.

Best's attitude and use of untested/unproven/dangerous treatments borders
on abuse. Not pursuing effective interventions, assuming that there are
for his son, borders on neglect.

As in all the years Mark gave his child a schedule II drug without knowing
the long term effects, and knowing the effects of ADHD drugs.

Has anyone told you today to go **** yourself with a belaying pin,
Jan? If not, why not?
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 8th 07, 02:09 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Arak wrote:
[...]

G'day Peter. I wish we had the time, and Sydney had less hills, for you
to have met the family. Pushing the W/C up Market Street was a real joy.
I wound up losing nearly 10 pounds on this vacation.

However, it was a pleasure talking to you. BTW, I am sure the phones
were tapped in the hotel, as Cheney's Secret Service detail stayed there.
Old March 8th 07, 05:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Brian The Jedi

On Mar 7, 10:00 pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:
As in all the years Mark gave his child a schedule II drug without knowing
the long term effects, and knowing the effects of ADHD drugs.

Jan,

This isn't about Mark. This is about John Best and the damage he is
doing to his son. The damage is not just his use of untested
medications but the overall demoralizing view he has of his son, as
shown in his rants and reactions to those that offer a different
perspective.

I can't believe that you and your curebie crowd are unable to see just
how damaging John's behavior is.

Brian the Autistic Jedi
Blog: http://www.autismdealwithit.org
Shop: http://www.autismdealwithit.com

Old March 8th 07, 11:53 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

,

This isn't about Mark. This is about John Best and the damage he is
doing to his son. The damage is not just his use of untested
medications but the overall demoralizing view he has of his son, as
shown in his rants and reactions to those that offer a different
perspective.

Best is very abusive of parents and others who do not lock step to his
views on Autism and how to deal with it. I just hope that some aspect of
his son's autism actually prevents the boy from realizing what his
father is doing.

I can't believe that you and your curebie crowd are unable to see just
how damaging John's behavior is.

There are those who just cannot accept that life dealt them what they
have to deal with. Ten years ago I met a fellow at a baseball game where
he had his fours son's, all with the inheritable form of Muscular
Dystrophy. They lived in southern New Jersey, around a 3 hour drive from
my home. Turns out their mother's family had the genes.

When the fourth boy was diagnosed with it, she upped and left. It was
quite difficult for the father, but, fortunately, his church stepped in
and along with the community as a whole, helped them out.

We kept in touch and I sent him a load of ideas for free or low cost
activities for him and his sons. Two years later the oldest son died,
and around six months ago he emailed me that the youngest (and last) had
died. He is now 52 years old, divorced, and with no children.

Why am I telling you this? It is one of the few things that makes me
sadder than reading Best's blog.

Brian the Autistic Jedi
Blog: http://www.autismdealwithit.org

Thanks for the link. Looks like some really good reading. You write very
well.

Shop: http://www.autismdealwithit.com

Old March 9th 07, 04:35 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Arak wrote:
[...]

Thanks for showing more of your low character.

This is a reaction from Peter when he reads the truth.

Old March 9th 07, 04:39 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Arak wrote:
[...]

Hmm. Last year Mark didn't have any money to help a friend that was
homeless.

Old March 9th 07, 04:45 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Brian The Jedi" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 10:00 pm, "Jan Drew" wrote:
As in all the years Mark gave his child a schedule II drug without
knowing
the long term effects, and knowing the effects of ADHD drugs.

Jan,

This isn't about Mark.

It is about the effects of ADHD drugs. Therefore, it is about Mark.

This is about John Best and the damage he is
doing to his son. The damage is not just his use of untested
medications but the overall demoralizing view he has of his son, as
shown in his rants and reactions to those that offer a different
perspective.

I can't believe that you and your curebie crowd are unable to see just
how damaging John's behavior is.

Curebie crowd? Like Mark you are making things up.

Old March 9th 07, 01:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Arak wrote:
[...]

When you come to Sydney, Jan, I will take great pleasure in pushing
you up Market Street on a catafalque.

Have you thought about getting some help to reduce your spite and
hatred?
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 9th 07, 01:07 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
.. .

Arak wrote:
[...]

You wouldn't recognise the truth if it bit you on the arse.
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 9th 07, 03:01 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.autism,sci.med,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Are there *any* autistic adults in the pro-cure camp?

It seems to me that most anti-cure people are autistic adults and pro-
cure people are all parents.