Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

Old May 16th 04, 06:37 AM
Cat

Default Celeb birth - Gwyneth Paltrow

Your not one of those people like my friend Deb and her husband that told me
Bonnie was a horrible name but named their son Bendiks are you?

No, I actually like the name Bonnie. I cannot say the same for overly common
names I see on this board or some of the other wacky names either.

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all
those flies and death and stuff" --Mariah Carey
Old May 16th 04, 01:25 PM
Elly

"Jamie Clark" ha scritto nel messaggio
ink.net...
Apple doesn't sound remotely Asian, it sounds Produce. That's like saying
"Chair" sounds Asian. NO it doesn't. Apple is a fruit. Doi.

I'm still stunned that someone knows 3 babies named Apple. And someone

else
said that they'd never heard this name for a girl -- I've never heard the
name Apple for a HUMAN.

I have friends in Croatia who named their daughter JABUKA - which translates
into Apple (J is pronounced like Y). It's fairly common in the former
Yugoslavia. They also have the names JAGODA (= strawberry), VISNJA (= sour
cheery)...

Apple for me is also not a name - it's just fruit, lol.

Elly
DD Erin - Oct 12th, 2003.

Old May 16th 04, 01:55 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Pop singer Fiona Apple's real middle name is Apple, so that's from where
her stage name comes. I forget what her real last name is.

-Rebecca

Old May 16th 04, 02:31 PM
Sophie

"Cat" wrote in message
but actually being christened 'Apple'? Confirms that woman has
nothing between her ears.

I'm a lurker but just had to say something about this. While Apple

wouldn't be
a name I'd give my child I don't judge other peoples choices. Besides,

Apple
is a better name then a lot of the names I've seen posted on this board.

I don't agree Apple is a *better* name than ones here. The ones that shock
me are the ones on another board I go to - these people are obviously not
around children to know the unique name they love is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
popular. And spelling it phonetically just makes you look illiterate
(Jennaveeve! - I will *never* forget that one).

Old May 16th 04, 03:23 PM
Cat

I don't agree Apple is a *better* name than ones here.

I strongly disagree with that. I'm not going to name names because I believe
its a parents right to name their child whatever they want to and I don't think
anyone else should judge them.

Old May 16th 04, 04:50 PM
Donna

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
nk.net...
Okay, I can see where you are coming from there. I read it as it

"sounded"
Asian. I'm like, no, I don't think so!

Yeah, I wasn't as clear as I could have been. That was one of those "my
post makes sense to *me* so it must be clear" kind of things.

Donna

Old May 16th 04, 04:54 PM
Donna

"Sophie" wrote in message

And spelling it phonetically just makes you look illiterate
(Jennaveeve! - I will *never* forget that one).

Oh, this is totally one of my pet peeves. These silly phonetic spellings
don't make the kid stand out, as I assume they're intended to do. They just
make the poor kid look like she (it's overwhelmingly the feminine names,
unfortunately) unable to spell. The worst I've seen is "Destynie".
cringe

Donna

Old May 16th 04, 04:55 PM
Donna

"Amy" wrote in message
There
was actually a guy who lived down the road from my grandmother, with the
surname Pipe, and he was a plumber....ha ha, I guess you can't help your
surname when you choose a profession. But did they have to name their son
Dwayne? That's just cruel :-(

snort I'm assuming that's a joke? Please tell me that's a joke.

A friend of mine married a guy surnamed "Sweet". She used to kid that her
twin daughters would be named "Honeymoon" and "Nutra".

.... but she was kidding.

Donna

Old May 17th 04, 12:05 AM
Rosegin

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I
can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all
those flies and death and stuff" --Mariah Carey

Certainly Mariah Carey didn't really say this????
Old May 17th 04, 03:16 AM
JennP

"Rosegin" wrote in message
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world,

can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with

all
those flies and death and stuff" --Mariah Carey

Certainly Mariah Carey didn't really say this????

IIRC, it turned out to be an urban legend.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04