Would you spank in this situation?

Old August 24th 06, 10:03 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

Default Would you spank in this situation?

Kane wrote
Just for fun check out the alcoholism rates for France sometime, dummy.

1. The USA is not France.
2. Are statistics more important than a parents right to teach as they
see fit?
3. You ignored that for the woman who described it, it WORKED!
4. Got the stats monkey on your back again? You said stats lie!
5. You ARE your own worst enemy, Kane.
6. All I did was point out that now the method is CRIMINAL!
7. Do you deny # 6 is true?

Old August 24th 06, 12:42 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Kane wrote
Just for fun check out the alcoholism rates for France sometime, dummy.

1. The USA is not France.

No kidding?

2. Are statistics more important than a parents right to teach as they
see fit?

You pointed out that giving wine to kids is done often in France, he pointed
out that the stats for alocoholism in France may be high.
Common practice vs Negative outcome.
Make sense?

3. You ignored that for the woman who described it, it WORKED!

Did it?
Or did her children simply not carry a gene for alcoholism?
Did they maybe not like wine?
Or maybe momma doesn't know everything she thinks he does, huh?

4. Got the stats monkey on your back again? You said stats lie!

I have no idea what that means, but early introduction to alcohol does not a
model citizen make.

5. You ARE your own worst enemy, Kane.

That's cute.

6. All I did was point out that now the method is CRIMINAL!

By calling it a 'teaching method'...
Giving alcohol to children is a teaching method?
What, exactly, would one be teaching by doing so?
And yes, it's criminal....just because Kane didn't reply to that particular
part of your post doesn't mean a thing.

7. Do you deny # 6 is true?

I would deny it.
Seems no matter what the subject of a post, what issues are brought up, etc
you feel a need to pick and choose what you want to from them, and often
times infer things based on simple statements.

YOU made it sound as if you believe that giving a child alcohol is a
learning experience.
Then you went on to say that it's illegal.
And THEN ask if stats are more important than a parent's right to 'teach' as
they see fit.
Oh brother.

Old August 24th 06, 12:53 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

Betty wrote
Seems no matter what the subject of a post, what issues are brought up, etc
you feel a need to pick and choose what you want to from them, and often
times infer things based on simple statements.

Thank You Betty!

Old August 24th 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, dragonsgirl wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Kane wrote
Just for fun check out the alcoholism rates for France sometime, dummy.

1. The USA is not France.

No kidding?

2. Are statistics more important than a parents right to teach as they
see fit?

You pointed out that giving wine to kids is done often in France, he pointed
out that the stats for alocoholism in France may be high.
Common practice vs Negative outcome.
Make sense?

Except that he might be lying, as usual. Why don't you look up the stats
and see if Kane is telling the truth? Here is my simple search using
google:

Alcoholism in Western Europe (Extrapolated Statistics)
Britain (United Kingdom) 3,345,910 60,270,708 for UK2
Belgium 574,481 10,348,2762
France 3,354,432 60,424,2132
Ireland 220,368 3,969,5582
Luxembourg 25,686 462,6902
Monaco 1,791 32,2702
Netherlands (Holland) 905,900 16,318,1992
United Kingdom 3,345,910 60,270,7082
Wales 161,991 2,918,0002

Wanna look up the stats for good old USA? ;-)

Doan

Old August 25th 06, 04:32 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Why no source cite and link, Monkeyboy?

0:-

Doan

Old August 25th 06, 04:48 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Greegor

Betty wrote
This mom needs a good spanking to teach her how to act.

Clearly Betty believes in the efficacy of spanking!

Thanks Betty!

Old August 25th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Betty wrote
This mom needs a good spanking to teach her how to act.

Clearly Betty believes in the efficacy of spanking!

She has said so. The quality of your memory suggests you may need to be
evaluated for early Alzheimer's, Greg. Check yourself in.

Thanks Betty!

You asking her for a date next?

R R R R R R R

You'd probably be among the first she'd spank, and not for fun, either.
I take it she does not abide liars and those who are cruel to children.

0:-

Old August 25th 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
Doan

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

What? Can't use that "formidable research skill" of yours, Neverspanked
boy? ;-)

Doan

Old August 25th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.child-protective-services
0:->

Doan wrote:

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]

Your source is not my homework, boy.