fruits oh! fruits

Old September 30th 05, 11:47 PM
soso

Default fruits oh! fruits

Hi

I have a 16 month old, and I always have a hard time trying to feed her
some fruits! I don't know what to do.... any suggestions

Old October 12th 05, 04:26 AM
Ralph & Deb

Hope this helps...

Avocado... comes in it's own handy wrapper and its easy to soften on the
spot. Our kids love them. And we found a little green-grocer that sells
them 5 for $2 (because they are smaller than the supermarket chains want
them)

Banana is good too, just get the small ones. Our 2 older kids 3.5 & 1.5 get
up in the morning and help themselves to a banana each before breakfast.

Cooked apple, buy the 'no sugar added' apple sauce and spoon it out into
small containers, it's heaps cheaper than the pre-packed kids snack ones.

Pick a few different types, eg apple, mandarin, peach, strawberry, melon...
whatever is in season. Chop them up into small bite size pieces and make up
a fruit salad. Get a picnic blanket, put it out on the floor then sit down
with them and have a fun picnic with it.

But the biggest thing... LET THEM SEE YOU EAT FRUIT. Lead by example and
show them that it is good and fun to eat.

All the best, Ralph.

oups.com...

Old November 1st 05, 03:55 PM
Julie

I was advised from a nutrionist that giving them baby food fruits is also
good for them if you can't give them fresh.

Take care,
God Bless,
Julie
Mom to Ashleigh & Austin ~ 18 months