Stroller covers

Old December 17th 03, 06:02 PM
laurie

Default Stroller covers

(posted to misc.kids too)

Does anyone have one of those weather tight plastic covers for their stroller?
Is it worth it? We're dealing with VERY cold temperatures (0-20 degrees F
during the warmest part of the day) and 3 feet of snow on the ground here; I'd
love to go out for a walk, but it's awfully cold. I was wondering if those
covers are worth it and if they work well? I have an Instep double jogging
stroller FWIW.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months

Old December 17th 03, 08:39 PM
Rob and Laura

I have one and I love it, it prevents the wind coming in at her when we
walk, and I use it for the rain as well and the slop snow we get around
here. I thought I would never need one, but laurie I am glad we did. There
are also little holes on the top and so on for them to breath.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old December 17th 03, 09:17 PM
Karen

I think they're a great idea if you want or need to be out in the
weather. My ridiculously expensive european stroller only has this dark
nylon cover with a bit of a peep hole, and both I and ds hate it. It
doesn't keep him dry or warm and does severely constrict his vision. My
expensive English umbrella stroller came with a a clear, thick, fitted
vinyl cover and we love that for going out in the rain. (I don't drive,
and we walk/bus/train everywhere, and sometimes we just have to be out
in it, whatever the weather.) Ds is dry and warm as toast, and can see
out just as well as without it. I ride him to school in a bike trailer,
which has a clear vinly insert in the roof and for windows, and the door
flap is mesh with the same vinyl to cover it for the rain. We use it on
cold mornings too, and ds is tucked in there and really comfy with
snacks, books, blanket, and again remains as warm and dry as toast. I'll
be needing a double stroller eventually, and a good raincover will be a
primary decision making factor for us, because we go out rain or shine
(winters here are all rain, sometimes for days on end).

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old December 19th 03, 04:38 AM
laurie

One thing - the plastic will crack at very cold temps - you need to
leave it on long enough to warm up when you come inside, before
folding it up. I released the straps, lifted my daughter out, then
left it for 20 minutes or so, before folding it.

Cathy Weeks

Great Cathy, thanks for the tip.......and thanks everyone for your thoughts!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 8 months

Do I need another stroller? ted General 8 May 27th 04 01:41 PM
stroller with narrow base Sara General 11 May 3rd 04 01:48 PM
Baby survives after hit-and-run driver drags stroller a mile Le Mod Pol General 57 February 11th 04 11:17 PM
Stroller covers laurie General 6 December 17th 03 10:19 PM
double stroller advice needed Robert Huwe Pregnancy 1 July 17th 03 02:31 PM