Ex left the state

Old October 20th 05, 12:59 AM
Just Me

Default Ex left the state

FYI I'm posting this to the divorce group as well.

My ex and I have been divorced for a year, separated for a year before
that. We have a 2 1/2 year old son who I have primary custody of with my
ex having visitation every other weekend.

My ex has done well with the visitations, he has only missed a few in
the last year. Child support on the other hand has been a huge
mess...he's usually 3 months behind. Currently he hasn't paid anything
since May so I contacted Child Support Recovery Unit. He had been
allowed to just pay on his own and send the checks to the clerk of
courts but obviously that wasn't working. I finally have everything set
up and CSR was going to start taking money out of his pay checks *this
week*.

Well now for the last week and a half I haven't been able to reach him
by phone. (He lives 2 hours away) I found out yesterday though that he
has quit his job and left for Florida...we are in the midwest. I called
his dad whom I'm still close to and he had no idea that my ex had left
for Florida. After his dad made some phone calls it appears no one in
his family knew that he was leaving. His dad is livid and to say the
least, so am I.

My question is now what do I do? I have a child here who misses his dad
and can't understand why he can't talk to him on the phone. I feel like
he's running because of the child support and I don't know what to do
about that. Any thoughts?

TIA

Old October 20th 05, 01:32 AM
kellyGirl

"Just Me" wrote in

My question is now what do I do? I have a child here who misses his dad
and can't understand why he can't talk to him on the phone. I feel like
he's running because of the child support and I don't know what to do
about that. Any thoughts?

Ask yourself what is more important, the money or a child's relationship
with it's father?
The threat of Jail forces people to do strange things!

Old October 20th 05, 04:10 AM
kellyGirl

"Just Me" wrote in

And the threat of jail...who even mentioned jail? My ex isn't facing any
jail time, just money out of his paycheck each week

It's a federal offence to refuse to pay child support with sentences of up
to 4 years in the State Prison.
Child abandonment is a state offense with a minimum sentence of 3 months in
the county jail.

You did register your ex Husband's name with the local Child Support Agency,
right?
They will hound him until he is arrested and brought back to your state for
arrearages.

Old October 20th 05, 04:31 AM
Bob Whiteside

"kellyGirl" wrote in message
t...

"Just Me" wrote in

And the threat of jail...who even mentioned jail? My ex isn't facing any
jail time, just money out of his paycheck each week

It's a federal offence to refuse to pay child support with sentences of up
to 4 years in the State Prison.
Child abandonment is a state offense with a minimum sentence of 3 months

in
the county jail.

You did register your ex Husband's name with the local Child Support

Agency,
right?
They will hound him until he is arrested and brought back to your state

for
arrearages.

And once the authorities have tracked him down, tie him up with a chain that
is staked deep into the ground. Make him stay out in the rain to howl at
the moon. Treat him like a second class citizen and an unwanted dog. Tell
the child he can't visit his father because his father is a lowlife, common
criminal. Make sure the kid knows being born a male is the equivalent of
being born a genetically flawed human being. Show the 2 1/2 year old son
who misses his dad how the force of the state can be used to tame any male
who dares to not accept the feminist's demands for compliance with a woman's
desire to exact revenge. After all, women are the gentler, more
compassionate sex, right?

Old October 20th 05, 01:48 PM

If you were getting by just fine, he's an ok guy, and he was seeing his
kid, then why did you have to stir up the pot? I sincerely hope you're
working.

You mentioned that the CS amount wasn't huge. Maybe in his eyes it was
a huge amount. If he was always 3 months behind, that must indicate
that he couldn't handle that amount. Why didn't you just talk to him
and try to come to some agreement instead of sicking the wolves on him?

Old October 20th 05, 11:55 PM
LLL

Obviously" your son's relationship with his father *isn't* more important!
Who are you trying to fool? You sacrificed
your child's right to a father for money that isn't "huge." Sheesh! And you
can't figure out why dad took off?
Your son has a right to be upset!

Just me --

Do not listen to these boobs. Some people here think that no child
support is justified or if it is the obligor can take his sweet time.
OSE is a demon spawn

You were just trying to get his wages garnished. In some states that
is automatic for EVERYONE. It is a much simpler situation. Employers
know that the garnishment does not reflect badly on the employee. And
the money is more likely to come in on a timely basis.

Your ex CHOSE to leave his job rather than allow his check to be
garnished. He CHOSE to quit his job. He CHOSE to move away. This is
a classic situation of a paying parent adopting a lifestyle that
revolves around not paying the child support.

When bad things start happening to him as a result of his non-payment
of child support, then it is everyone else's fault. Remember it takes
6 to 12 months of non-payment for the penalties to really start
flowing. In my state even small payments can stave off those
difficulties for while.

This was HIS choice. I know of NO state that allow a CP to withhold
visitation just because the supportis not paid. He CHOSE to leave the
state.

Old October 21st 05, 04:18 AM
Mobile

"LLL" wrote in

This was HIS choice. I know of NO state that allow a CP to withhold
visitation just because the supportis not paid. He CHOSE to leave the
state.

Yes, it's still a free country, right?

BTW, she chose to spread her legs for this guy.
You lie down with dogs, your going to catch flees too!

Old October 21st 05, 05:09 PM
LLL

BTW, she chose to spread her legs for this guy

Typical sexist crap. The woman is to blame for the sexual act.

Well HE chose to stick in in!