Skip the night feedings?

Old June 7th 06, 03:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Skip the night feedings?

well, that one night was a fluke, because he's been up twice a night
since then. i should have known...all other longer nights' sleep were
flukes too.

i'm not forcing the issue with him...just curious.

i started cereals in addition to BF, on my doc's advice. he seemed
hungry in the evenings, and i think it has helped him. i'm still
nursing him ~every 3 hours during the day, so he's not missing a
feeding...just supplementing.

thanks all for your replies.

- maureen

Old June 10th 06, 09:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"rukhsana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear,

Health experts recommends exclusive BF for first six months and then
weaning plus BF for more than two years. Haven't u started cereals a
bit early?

I started DD at 3 months. She loves cereal. At 6 months, she also loves
bread, applesauce, chewing on pickles and carrots, ice cream, and other
small tidbits that we share at dinnertime. Her primary nutrition is still
breastmilk, but she is growing well and very healthy.

I know what "they" say, but as far as I'm concerned, your mileage may vary.

Old June 13th 06, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I've always fed my son on demand, night and day. He is now 18 months and
wakes once a night to feed and t hat's about it.

He wakes around now and I am nursing him and he's dozing off. He'll now
sleep until about 1aqm/2am and the wake up about 6am. We've never done
any kind of so called "sleep training" , he's worked out his own routine
from day 1.

karen
Old June 14th 06, 01:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Karen wrote:
I've always fed my son on demand, night and day. He is now 18 months and
wakes once a night to feed and t hat's about it.

He wakes around now and I am nursing him and he's dozing off. He'll now
sleep until about 1aqm/2am and the wake up about 6am. We've never done
any kind of so called "sleep training" , he's worked out his own routine
from day 1.

karen

It all depends on what the mom is willing to do. I personally hope that
my baby will sleep through the night well before she's a year old. Her
older sister and brother eventually did, when I can't quite remember
when, but I did do the 'soothe to sleep' at night wakings instead of
'nurse to sleep', and when they figured out that no food was
forthcoming, they knocked it off. The current baby, now 5 months old,
wakes screaming and won't be soothed without nursing, she's a bit more
stubborn, I'm thinking.
It's all just a trade-off, some moms will do anything to make sure
their baby is comfortable and happy, some are more demanding of their
own comfort and happiness. One way or another, we all sleep through the
night without nursing. (I hope....lol)

Stasya