Nursing while pregnant.

Old December 13th 03, 07:53 PM
AlenasMom

Default Nursing while pregnant.

I think I might need some links about this...
*blinks hard* I'm in denial, and too scared to take a test... but can
someone reassure me that this will be okay for Alena and a new baby if
that's the case...
What I thought was just nerves may indeed be morning sickness....

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old December 13th 03, 08:51 PM
Leslie

(((Lina))) It will be okay!

I got pregnant with number 3 when number 2 was only 3 months old. He did just
fine!

Let us know when you test.

Leslie
Old December 14th 03, 05:19 PM
She's A Goddess

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
I think I might need some links about this...
*blinks hard* I'm in denial, and too scared to take a test... but can
someone reassure me that this will be okay for Alena and a new baby if
that's the case...
What I thought was just nerves may indeed be morning sickness....

Ack! That would be a big surprise. IIRC Alena is a bit younger than O. Boy
so around five months. You may or may not do fine at this point. You will
most likely switch to colostrum production sometime between 20 weeks and 36
weeks. I've seen stories of people who didn't switch until right near the
end of pregnancy but my mind can't quite wrap up how the body would do that.
When I was PG with DS the switch happened gradually beginning around 22
weeks and completing around 30 or 32 weeks. Lots of babies don't want to
nurse anymore because of it, some keep going right through and pick up
happily when the milk comes back. You'll be fine, you can definitely keep
nursing her but there may be a point where she needs some formula
supplementation if she's not eating a lot of solids yet, or maybe it will be
late enough in her first year that you'll choose to go with cow's milk
instead. Good luck and let us know the outcome!

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (27 months) and O. Boy (5 1/2 months)