Child Support Lock Up

Old March 24th 04, 11:11 PM
laura

Default Child Support Lock Up

cigon wrote in message ...
In article , Jake
wrote:

Bob wrote:

occupant wrote:
A average woman with children who is single or divorced obviously needs
financial support.

Like hell! If she can't or won't get a job and support herself and the
children SHE chose to create, why should anyone else be forced to
support her? Get a job. What a concept.

If she can't or won't get a job and take RESPONSIBILITY for her own
support she should not have chosen to bear the children, nor chosen to
get a divorce.

It's HER choice, and HER responsibility. She needs to get off her lazy
arse and support herself.

CHOICE!

Well from your attitude I can take it that you probably dont pay
support, you've been tricked into having a child, or some smart woman
divorced you because of your disgusting attitude.
Why is it that a woman chooses to have a child, the last time I
checked it took the sperm of a man to create life. Maybe you did not
know that, from your comments I'll assume that you didnt.
Many women work, but wether or not, its irrelevant. Its takes two to
make a child it takes two too pay.
Grow up and face your responsibility

Old March 25th 04, 05:58 AM
Kenneth S.

With regard to the message by Laura below, I can only point out what has
been noted repeatedly in this news group. In the U.S. today,
post-conception reproductive choice is something that is exercised
exclusively by women.

For years, women have had the choice of abortion, which they exercise
without any participation by the man involved. As a practical matter, women
also have the ability to make a unilateral decision about adoption after the
child is born. Increasingly, states are giving women the ability to decide
to drop off newborns, no questions asked, at places like hospitals and fire
stations. On top of all that, the Food and Drug Administration currently is
considering making the "morning-after" pill, the so-called Plan B, available
to women without prescription.

What this amounts to is that women -- and women alone -- make the
decision about whether a pregnancy proceeds to childbirth.

Meantime, the range of choices available to men has been NARROWING.
Every effort is being made to ensure that men have to bear, via "child
support" laws, the financial burden of the choices that women have made. It
would be entirely possible for men to be able to renounce formally their
paternal rights and responsibilities. This in fact would be a far less
radical step than giving women rights to abortion, which many believe
entails the destruction of an unborn child. Why isn't this done? The only
reason is that there is no "masculinist" political movement. When the
interests of the two sexes conflict in the U.S., men invariably lose.

"laura" wrote in message
om...
cigon wrote in message

In article , Jake

Old March 25th 04, 05:58 AM
Kenneth S.

[...]

"laura" wrote in message
om...
cigon wrote in message

In article , Jake

Old March 25th 04, 05:58 AM
Kenneth S.

[...]

"laura" wrote in message
om...
cigon wrote in message

In article , Jake

Old March 25th 04, 08:59 PM
TeacherMama

(laura) wrote in message . com...
cigon wrote in message ...
In article , Jake
wrote:

Bob wrote:

occupant wrote:
[...]

Is that what you think men are for, Laura? Sperm and money? Is that
all children need from men? How about if we set it up for each parent
to have the child 50% of the time so that each has an equal input into
the child's life--so that fathers are fathers just like mothers are
mothers? By insisting that men be seen only as money machines, we are
teaching our girls that men are on earth to pay their way. We are
teaching our boys that they are worthwhile only for the money they
provide. It doesn't only take 2 to pay for a child, Laura. It takes
a mother *and* a father to raise a well-balanced child. I would say
that those who insist on making men wallets instead of fathers are the
ones who need to grow up.