Child Support Lock Up

Old February 24th 04, 06:49 PM
Bob

Default Child Support Lock Up

Robert Grumbine wrote:

Go play elsewhere.

Who appointed you moderator, asshole?

Don't read it if you don't like the comments.

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, leading Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old February 24th 04, 06:51 PM
Bob

Robert Grumbine wrote:
Would you two please go play somewhere appropriate.

Sorry Gumbey, your asshole is not appropriate for anyone but your rump
rider dominant.

Old February 24th 04, 07:14 PM
Ronni

"Sheila J" wrote in message
bobb wrote:

Hmmm... SIDS deaths are very suspicious. Too many have been proven to

be
murder. It's also very rare in other countries... and of late... it

seems
moms in the U.S. kill their children all too often... and in much

earlier
years if a child died or dissappeared.. parents were the last to be
suspected. I think the jury is still out on SIDS...

bobb

Actually my father just went to a 5 day conference on SIDS, To help
police officers deal more sensitively with SIDs parents and to help them
deal LESS suspiciously with them. One of the theories put forth was
that children dying was actually a product of nightmares. That the child
becomes so frightened they stop breathing and because they have no
context, they can't put it in perspective as a dream.

My cousin died of SIDS at 2 months old. Doctors explained SIDS to our family
like this:
The baby is sleeping so deeply and so comfortably that they 'forget' to
breath. (Keep in mind this was about 10 years ago) We were also told that if
they were in fact smothered to make it look like SIDS there is a test done
during autopsy that will prove this. From what I understood you have to be
looking for this 1 certain little 'sign' (if you will) that it was not SIDS.
I was about 14 at the time so I am sure things have changed and new things
came to light but that is what the family was told at the time.

But he also mentioned the age-old problem of 'lying-over'. Where a
parent accidently suffocates a child, without realizing it. In fact,
the day my brother was buried, a woman was burying her 2 year old for
that very reason. Horrible to lose a child. I can't imagine how one
would handle it. It almost killed my father losing his son at 18 - hit
by a drunk driver.

Old February 24th 04, 09:29 PM
Bobbi

75% of children/adolescents in chemical dependency hospitals are
from single-parent families. (Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA)

1 out of 5 children have a learning, emotional, or behavioral
problem due to the family system changing. (National Center for Health
Statistics)

More than one half of all youths incarcerated for criminal acts
lived in one-parent families when they were children. (Children's
Defense Fund)

Nine million American children face risk factors that may hinder
their ability to become healthy and productive adults. One in seven
children deal with at least four of the risk factors, which include
growing up in a single-parent household...The survey also indicated
that children confronting several risk factors are more likely to
experience problems with concentration, communication, and health.
(1999 Kids Count Survey - Annie E. Casey Foundation)

Every 78 seconds a teen attempts suicide - every 90 seconds they
succeed. (National Center for Health Statistics)

63% of suicides are individuals from single parent families (FBI
Law Enforcement Bulletin - Investigative Aid)

"Separation, divorce and unmarried parenthood seemed to be a high
risk for children/adolescents in these families for the development of
suicidal behavior". (Atilla Turgay, M.D.American Psychiatric
Association's Scientific Meeting, May 1994)

75% of teenage pregnancies are adolescents from single parent homes
(Children in need: Investment Strategies...Committee for Economic
Development)

Approximately 13% of all babies born in the U.S. are born to
adolescent mothers, with one million teens becoming pregnant each
year. Explanations for teen pregnancy include the break-up of the
American home and parental loss. (University of Kentucky, Departments
of Psychiatry, Ob/Gyn and Psychology)

Gang recruitment is a powerful lure for the products of broken homes
and single-parent households" as gang members are likely to "receive
little guidance or attention from family members at home." (Chicago
Crime Commission Report,1995)

1 in 2 will live in a single parent family at some point in childhood
1 in 3 is born to unmarried parents
1 in 4 lives with only one parent
1 in 8 is born to a teenage mother
1 in 25 lives with neither parent
(The State of America's Children, 1998 Yearbook, Children's Defense
Fund)

68.7% of American Youth are living in non-traditional families
7 out of 10

* 23.3% living with biological mother (Stepfamily Association)
* 4.4% lviing with biological father (Stepfamily Association)
* 1% Foster Families (U.S. Census Bureau)
* 3.7% living with non-relatives (U.S. Census Bureau)
* 6.3% living with grandparents (AARP - U.S. Census Bureau)
* 30% living in Stepfamilies ** (Stepfamily Association)

Bobbi
Old Saudi saying: "My father rode a camel. I drive a car.
My son flies a jet airplane. His son will ride a camel."
Peak Oil - coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Old February 24th 04, 09:35 PM
Bobbi

By Bob Burk:

# The real crime today arises from generous welfare entitlements that
have led to over 30% of all children being born out of wedlock, and
over 50% of all children being raised in single parent households.

# A single parent household is simply not a family. They are merely an
aberration that after thirty years of liberal entitlements are now
known to be the incubators of a broad spectrum of childhood social
pathologies:

* 63% of all youth suicides,
* 70% of all teenage pregnancies,
* 71% of all adolescent chemical / substance abuse,
* 80% of all prison inmates,
* 90% of all homeless and runaway children.

This pathology list just goes on, and on, as described by the Index of
Leading Cultural Indicators, by Bill Bennett, and various official
sources.

# The National Organization of Women is correct: the true victims of
welfare entitlements are children.

# The absence of a two parent intact family on a daily basis deprives
children of a second caregiver, a second mentor, a second teacher, a
second disciplinarian, and a second friend: their other parent.

# Children growing up with only the daily views from one parent become
half grown adults: woefully victimized by not receiving the dynamic
combinations carried by the unique ideas, values, and personalities
from each parent when they nurture, guide, and emotionally support
their growing children.

# Children in single parent households fail to learn the role of the
other parent, and the gender traits of responsible adults who have
mastered the caring arts which are so necessary to achieve stable,
loving two parent intact families.

# Obviously a single parent also woefully suffers emotionally and
physically on a daily basis by not being able to share the decisions,
workload, stress, joys, risks, and burdens of childrearing with the
child's other parent. This burden on one parent in a single parent
household is a growing contributor as to why nearly 70% of all child
abuse is committed by mothers.

# Children raised in a single parent household have an 80% probability
of later raising their own children in a single parent household too.
Single parent households grow like a cancer in the absence of a
powerful remedy. Welfare has proven to be no remedy, but is rather an
accelerant to this exploding problem. .

# In 1994, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declared
that it is no longer feasible in America to enjoy a middle class
standard of living without the presence of TWO incomes. This is one
reason many women today choose to work outside the home.

# National economic data is overwhelming: 93% of all two parent intact
families do not live in poverty. The only way to lift children out of
poverty is not through more generous but enslaving entitlements, but
through the formation, preservation and reformation of intact two
parent families. These are truly the haves. The have nots are single
parent households induced into existence by an ill conceived
entitlement system. The growing number of have nots are reduced by
simply forming intact families, and this requires no costly welfare
program! After analyzing the data, policy analysts today know welfare
breeds welfare, welfare prevents family formation, welfare damages
children, and welfare threatens the long term survival of our society.

# Child support transfer payment entitlements from one parent to
another are also not a solution to the welfare mess, since the
economics of a non-intact family are even worse: there are TWO
households being supported by TWO incomes; whereas an intact family
has ONE household supported by TWO incomes. Child support transfer
payments merely ensure that both households will struggle in
borderline poverty, while also depriving the children of one or both
of their parents on a frequent basis.

# Flat tax gouging child support guidelines reflect an abuse of
justice, and a warped sense of equity. Percentage of income guidelines
were devised by gender feminists and liberal children's rights
advocates to rape non-custodial parents by scheming to legislate a
healthy amount of alimony under the rubric of child support, in spite
of state laws to eliminate alimony after no-fault divorces became
popular. Consequently, todays child support percentage of income
guidelines operate effectively as a flat tax, ranging from 25% to 45%
of income in most states. No married family would surrive if they were
clobbered by such silly federal/state taxation rates on top of our
currently high income tax rates, for no married family can survive on
only 25 to 50 cents from every dollar earned. So why has our
government legislated this equity abuse of non-cutodial parents? To
create legions of Deadbeat Parents so another government bureaucracy
and gestapo may be created to prosecute, abuse and incarcerate these
parents, who in 90% of all cases are fathers..

# Popular efforts to now criminalize non-custodial parents who are
financially marginalized by gouging child support are ridiculous. A
parent in jail, or deprived of a license, is simply unable to provide
any income or emotional support to their children; and the children
get the message that government only wants to destroy that parent.
Boys in particular get the shattering message that they too will
become destroyed when they grow up and stupidly become fathers. Girls
get the warped message that they may freely become breeder mommies
through government sanctioned meal tickets via gouging child support
which often can never be fully collected. The net effect on our
children becomes distorted values, and a life time distrust in
government, or distrust in the opposite gender.

# Motherhood in every culture since the dawn of civilization over 7000
years ago has always been highly valued in the two parent intact
family. That is where it belongs, for that is where both common sense
and all historical research proves that children thrive best. Our
liberal single parent entitlement system is so counterproductive, and
breeds so many social pathologies into children, that some public
policy think thanks are now proposing it should all be abolished, and
not reformed, nor overhauled. Under this scenario, an absence of
entitlements will trigger both the formation and preservation of two
parent intact families; which pathologically is in the very best
interest of our nation's children, and essential for a thriving,
stable society.