Civil Rights Violation?

Old October 6th 05, 02:05 AM
Bob Whiteside

Default Civil Rights Violation?

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe I'm not understanding your reply. I see where the due process was
executed for the child support. Where is due process when the "Friend
of the Court" unilaterally decides to deny someone a license or
passport?

Due process is applicable regarding the government taking any action to
limit life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Failure to pay CS is not a
government action. It is the citizen's action. The definition of due
process does not protect a citizen from their own actions or inactions.

For that reason, when a citizen is about to be subjected to jail time as a
penalty for failure to pay CS, i.e. loss of liberty by government action,
the government goes through the arraignment process to formally notify the
citizen of their due process rights.

Old October 7th 05, 01:32 AM

"G" wrote in message

wrote in

August 1, 2005
Beginning October 1 people who owe past due child support will
have a 90-day window to avoid state criminal and civil enforcement
penalties

Interesting, it's been a week and nothing from our trusting friend?

Old October 7th 05, 03:36 AM
Werebat

G wrote:

"G" wrote in message

wrote in

August 1, 2005
Beginning October 1 people who owe past due child support will
have a 90-day window to avoid state criminal and civil enforcement
penalties

Interesting, it's been a week and nothing from our trusting friend?

His cell probably doesn't have internet access. :^) :^/

- Ron ^*^

Old October 7th 05, 03:35 PM
John

Who's the trusting friend??
John

Old October 8th 05, 03:19 AM

"John" wrote in

Who's the trusting friend??
John

The guy that started this thread and sitting in jail right now because he
thought this was all hysteria!
Having your freedom held for ransom by yrou Government is no laughing
matter.

Old October 12th 05, 01:06 AM

The due process issue is really a non-issue. If you are behind on child
support, assuming an order is established, you are in contempt of
court. The Michigan amnesty thing is just a deal where you aren't
jailed immediately of contempt unless you cannot or do not comply with
the terms of the deal, then you are in contempt again and jailed. You
do not have to have a trial to be imprisoned for contempt of court, you
already had due process in the original hearing.

I know that sounds silly with relation to family law, but that is how
it works. Basically.

Old October 12th 05, 01:35 AM

wrote in

You do not have to have a trial to be imprisoned for contempt of court, you
already had due process in the original hearing.

So it really doesn't make any sense to send anything if you fall behind,
because you go to jail regardless.

Brilliant system!

Old October 14th 05, 05:07 PM
Stevie

I'd like to know how the government feels that is benefits the CP or
the child to pursue someone who is unemployed/underemployed for CS
arrears. If I am making barely enough money to pay the rent, buy food,
pay for a phone line or cellphone, and conduct a job search, where does
the government get off taking money from me or preventing me from
obtaining gainful employment?

EG. If I were a truck driver, was downsized or laid off and my means of
support is driving a truck, why would the government (any government)
take away my DRIVERS LICENSE, which I need to have a job, when I fall
behind on CS or alimony thereby PREVENTING ME FROM BEING EMPLOYABLE.
Then they STILL GET NO MONEY.

Works like that in Canada too, you can lose your license or other
actions are taken against you if you fall behind in CS....

Gotta love democracy.

wrote in

Old October 15th 05, 06:21 AM

"Stevie" wrote in

I'd like to know how the government feels that is benefits the CP or
the child to pursue someone who is unemployed/underemployed for CS
arrears.

It seems that our representatives don't really care about representing us?

If I am making barely enough money to pay the rent, buy food,
pay for a phone line or cellphone, and conduct a job search, where does
the government get off taking money from me or preventing me from
obtaining gainful employment?

What I really don't understand is how vehicle laws have anything to do with
family court laws?
How did it ever get on the drivers test that you have to pay CS to obtaina
drivers license?