American kids getting high on prescription drugs

Old March 18th 06, 11:58 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default American kids getting high on prescription drugs

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
American kids getting high on prescription drugs

So what do you propose should be done about all this, Ilena? Sure,
drug abuse is a problem. What does this have to do with mha? Why
post it here?

Why not?

--

--Rich

it shows the real nature of pharma med (1.5 million benzo addicts UK)
and the need to use nutrients which don't have these problems, quite
aprt from the drug pusing of the drug companies by inventing diseases
such ADHD http://www.adhdfraud.com/

So if you come to my emergency room with a broken leg, you want some
nutrients instead of narcotics? It's a deal. By the way, ADHD
medications are not "benzo's."

I think you skipped right over the point.

In FACT ADHD medications are now going to have *black box* warnings.

This is what is given to kids as young as age two and three.

So what's that got to do with people abusing prescription narcotics?

See the title of the thread, Rich?

American kids getting high on prescription drugs

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi...&date=20060224

Excerpts:

Millions have misused ADHD stimulant drugs, study says

"Houston, we have got a problem because we are just in the middle of this
epidemic."

More than nuff said.

No, that's not "nuff."

Yes, that was more than nuff said, for the question you asked *me*.

It doesn't answer my question to Ilena, "What do you
propose we do about it?" All of the drugs that are being abused have
legitimate medical uses and cannot be "banned" without causing widespread
unnecessary suffering. I KNOW that you do not believe that ADHD
medications should exist,

*IF* you think you KNOW that you are very wrong.

You are batting ZERO on your claims.

but you are wrong, and that still has nothing to do with
oxycontin

YES it does!!!!!!

Good Grief, read the news!

known on the street as hillybilly heroin

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/14126879.htm

http://www.pal-item.com/apps/pbcs.dl...603180302/1008

http://www.vindy.com/content/local_r...7180969628.php

Police found the drugs, 451 OxyContin tablets and 60 methadone tablets, with
a total street value of $21,600,

and other prescription narcotics.

--

--Rich

Old March 19th 06, 12:02 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
[...]

So, do propose we ban this "hillybilly heroin" and just let all the cancer
patients suffer in pain?
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old March 19th 06, 12:24 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Ilena wrote in message ...
American kids getting high on prescription drugs

Gee and to think the primary defense of "prescription", "doctor only
ordered" is that people would inappropriately use drugs.

Old March 19th 06, 02:23 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
[...]

Cancer is NOT the subject, nor is pain.

I suggest you quit posting you KNOW, when in FACT you do NOT know.

I suggest you know what you are posting about for a change.

It is clear you know nothing about the subject being discussed.

You didn't want it posted here.

You have done nothing but disrupt and give misinformation.

--

--Rich

Old March 19th 06, 02:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
et...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
[...]

Just what do you think is being discussed? The topic is abuse of
prescription medications. I acknowledge that those medications are being
abused, and ask for suggestions as to what can be done about it. That is on
topic, and prescription medications is a topic I know more about than you or
Ilena. I also know more about drug abuse than either of you.

You didn't want it posted here.

I don't think juvenile abuse of prescription medications has anything to do
with alternative medicine, but now that it's here, what do YOU propose to do
about the problem?

You have done nothing but disrupt and give misinformation.

What misinformation? That Oxycontin is primarily prescribed for severe pain
in terminal cancer patients?
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old March 19th 06, 03:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
[...]

Ritalin is not a narcotic. The fact that people abuse oxycontin and
methadone has nothing to do with legitimate uses for those drugs, and
even less to do with the legitimate use of other drugs. One highly
abused drug is acetaminophen, but I am sure you wouldn't want that
banned.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old March 19th 06, 04:31 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

This describes a serious problem with people getting drugs illegally.

This shows where improvement in monitoring prescription drug sales is
needed.

Jeff

Old March 19th 06, 04:32 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
American kids getting high on prescription drugs

So what do you propose should be done about all this, Ilena? Sure, drug
abuse is a problem. What does this have to do with mha? Why post it here?

Maybe we should ban the sales of glue, too, because people get high on glue.

Jeff

--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old March 19th 06, 04:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
American kids getting high on prescription drugs

So what do you propose should be done about all this, Ilena? Sure, drug
abuse is a problem. What does this have to do with mha? Why post it here?
--

--Rich

it shows the real nature of pharma med (1.5 million benzo addicts UK) and
the need to use nutrients which don't have these problems, quite aprt from
the drug pusing of the drug companies by inventing diseases such ADHD
http://www.adhdfraud.com/

No, it does not. It shows real human nature, which includes getting addicted
to drugs of abuse.

Jeff

Old March 19th 06, 04:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
et...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
news
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
om...

"Rich" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message

"Rich" wrote in message

Ilena wrote in message
[...]

No kidding, I had to point that out to you.

I acknowledge that those medications are being
abused, and ask for suggestions as to what can be done about it. That is
on topic, and prescription medications is a topic I know more about than
you or Ilena. I also know more about drug abuse than either of you.

The fact is you did NOT.

Look above.

You didn't want it posted here.

I don't think juvenile abuse of prescription medications has anything to
do with alternative medicine,

Well, you think wrong. It is a HEALTH issue.

but now that it's here, what do YOU propose to do
about the problem?

Educate you for starters.

You don't even know that oxycontin has something to do with it.

The mention of the abuse of ADHD drug abuse sends you off into another rant
all about OFF TOPIC, claims of you KNOW, when in FACT you do NOT know. This
is not only another personal agenda, it is misinformation.

You have done nothing but disrupt and give misinformation.

What misinformation? That Oxycontin is primarily prescribed for severe
pain in terminal cancer patients?

Thanks for proving me totally correct.

You are doing nothing but harassing.

FOAD Bigots bobbie sellers General 190 August 1st 05 10:07 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Good things about having kids [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 April 30th 05 05:24 AM
Did The Teachers Union Cause this? nimue General 260 April 16th 05 07:28 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Good things about having kids [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 March 30th 05 06:34 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Good things about having kids [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 April 17th 04 12:26 PM