Abandoned Mom Seeks Solution

Old October 11th 03, 01:24 PM
Dennis Here

Default Abandoned Mom Seeks Solution

'Kate wrote in message

On "Paul Griffiths"

Never been keen on this hitting people business, unless it's a consenting
adult of course. ;-)

Well... that just smacks of missed opportunity! g

Wow! that was a spanking reply! Conflagellations.

Dennis, Am I flogging a dead horse?

Old October 11th 03, 08:06 PM
Paul Griffiths

Default Not ( Abandoned Mom Seeks Solution) anymore

'Kate wrote in message news
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:08:05 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

'Kate wrote in message

snip

The weight loss project is going very well. I am, at least, "normal"
sized for US women now... 20 lbs (not sure of the pound to stone
conversion) lighter than when we met.

That's excellent news, well done indeed.

Thanks... I'm rather pleased with myself.

Bet you feel better for it too, physically I mean. I know I do.

It's 14 pounds to the stone but I can handle pounds alone too.

Ah.. thank you. I look in on a couple of weight-loss groups and had
wondered.

Strange and archaic system. I sometimes wonder who chose the original stone
and whether it's still around somewhere. :-)

I lost about the same amount of weight from January to April of this year
but have managed no more since. :-(

The other downside is that I'm pretty sure I put on more than that since

we
met so I probably weigh more now than I did then. :-((

You looked good then... but it's never about what others think, is it?

Perhaps sometimes but mostly for me it's about how I feel physically. I had
go to the stage where my weight and size were having an effect on my life
that I wasn't happy with. Walking up hills, for example, wasn't fun at all.

It's how we feel inside. I use to think size US 14 was big. Now I'm
happy in a 14.

Shape and probortion is much more cruicial for me than numerical size. In a
woman I mean.

I won't say any more or I'll be bound to upset someone on here. :-)

I still have a bit more to lose but I'm looking forward to starting the
new year in the new body.

I wouldn't mind getting into a new body too. *Any* body, really. ;-)

LOL... I'm out of the game for now. This semester has really been too
busy and I can put off dating until after graduation. It's not that big
a sacrifice.

Well, in March I finally decided I was going to make a concerted effort to
get out and meet people more. Heck I even joined an online dating service.
I got to meet 6 or 7 different people in person, some a couple of times.
For coffees, lunches, evening meals that sort of thing but only one seemed
"promising" and we did meet quite a number of times and got on very well but
she said she wasn't yet ready to make a commitment and that didn't exactly
suit me. We remained friends and I later heard that she'd now found "the
one" only to be told by him a little while later that *he* didn't feel able
to make a commitment. Funny old world, eh?

As things stand now I'm not too concerned if I don't date again for a while.
I have plenty to do to keep me busy and while I *do* feel I am probably
missing out on some of the good bits of life I'm happy to make the trade-off
for less hassle right now. Maybe I'll feel different in the New Year.

The best part is knowing that I'll soon be 45 years old and I look darn
good (for me). Yes, indeed... not that I could pass for a 30 year old
(and, oh hell yeah, I'd love to) but I'm pleased nonetheless.

Well, for myself, I don't care quite so much about what I look like but I
could do without all the aches and pains that seem to have become a part

of
my life these days. Not much hope of that happening though and I *am*

happy
with life right now. Mostly anyway.

Why the aches and pains?

Some of it is down to "normal" wear and tear, some to weaknesses from old
injuries. I've also been pretty lax about ergonomics over the years and
that's taken its toll too. I'm not a wreck, I just need to be more sensible
and a little careful, I think.

BTW... one of the reasons why I even began to tackle the weight loss is
because I visited the family Chiropractor while I was in NY this summer.
It seems that my chronic (since my 20's) back pain, very severe at
times, was due to an out of wack (yes, highly technical term)
sacroilliac (sp). Two manipulations and some advice about learning to
not sleep on my stomach and voila! All better. No pain. 20 years of
thinking "oh well, so I'm in pain" because traditional medicine could
only push pain killers and anti-inflammatories.

Not a good situation ist it? I've known quite a number of folks who have
suffered for a long time before finally discovering that sort of solution.
Luckily our local medical practice is quite enlightened and will happily
refer people to all sorts of "alternative" therapists.

School's great but very challenging things year. I've taken 15 hours

of
class time per week for a cumulative weekly workload of over 45 hours
plus 4 hours of commute time. I'm in the midst of midterm weeks (this
and next week) and starting on the research papers due at the end of
the semeter in December.

That's a lot of hours, I just hope you're enjoying yourself. It *will*

be
worth it.

Senior year is such a head trip. My whole push was to get to this point
- something that I saw as a LONG way off and now it's around the corner
and I'm freaking out.

Gosh, doesn't time fly when your having fun. Actually it flies regardless.
It must be four years since we visited you and Pete still talks about it
regularly. :-))

One of these days I need to get my Masters back on track. I'm running

short
on time now but there's a lot going on ATM so it won't be easy but I will

do
it.

I know you will.

One day. ;-)

I'll be back in "read & ignore" mode soon.

Ditto I think but I do what I can.

:-) you sure do.

LOL Should I blush now?

--
Paul Griffiths

Old October 11th 03, 09:52 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message

"Dennis Here"

'Kate wrote in message

On "Paul Griffiths"

Never been keen on this hitting people business, unless it's a

consenting
adult of course. ;-)

Well... that just smacks of missed opportunity! g

Wow! that was a spanking reply! Conflagellations.

Dennis, Am I flogging a dead horse?

No one tied your hands and gagged you...

Promises, promises ;-)

you're free to speak. g

You mean your not going to bury my head in your boosom?

Dennis :-B