Changing sleeping habits

Old October 27th 03, 05:00 PM
Kimme mik

Default Changing sleeping habits - More information

Hi Gayle and Triplets!
Sounds like you could really use a good nights sleep! I'm with you
there. The twins wake up every 3 hours on the hour to eat, 24/7. Luckly,
they eat and are back to sleep quickly.
Evenngs are the hardest. We keep the girls up from about 6-7 til 10-11.
During this time we "play" do "tummy time on the floor", do our
"exercises", take a nice warm bath and finish it up with a bedtime
bottle. I think the fussing comes more from the transition time from
being fully awake to fully asleep.
i agree with keeping lights on, noise, etc. during daytime hours and
keeping lights off throughout the night.
I also understand not wanting to pass off a crying baby all the time.
I'm the same way.
Also remember Gayle, these are yourfirst babies if I remember correct.
The first are so hard worrying and wondering if your doing everything
right. (my twins are 4 and 5. I've had preemies before and don't fret
near what I did with #1) I did keep my first in my bed, so I could get
some sleep. Unfortunatly, when I wanted her in her crib it became a
nightmare. So with my other children I mae them sleep in their crib from
day one. It wasn't/isn't always easy, and you sometimes have to expect a
fair amount of crying. I believe babies need to "learn" to calm
themselves down to sleep. So a bit of fussing is perfectly ok. I
seriously don't think there is a solid right or wrong answer here.
Everyone has to learn what works best for themslves and their
babies/situation. Anyway, Congrats and best wishes. I hope the sleeping
problems remedy themselves sooner than later.
Kim Twin Girls 9/21/03

pre-schooler sleeping on the floor Tony Rice General (moderated) 4 March 27th 04 04:23 PM
OT - changing sleep arrangements Akuvikate Breastfeeding 6 January 26th 04 11:21 PM
Anyone else awake ? sleeping advice sort Nic General 12 December 9th 03 05:47 PM
Changing table? Jill Pregnancy 96 October 14th 03 05:22 PM
Sleeping arrangements - suggestions please Erica Carwile Twins & Triplets 6 July 29th 03 08:34 AM