Gift ideas for boys age 7 (a young 7) ?

Old October 13th 03, 02:07 AM
Twinzmommie

Default Gift ideas for boys age 7 (a young 7) ?

Janet,

I have an 8 year old nephew and I agree with Missy. He has enjoyed being taken
to things like sporting events and movies for a while now. He has 4 sisters so
he really enjoys the time away from them. He made his first Holy Communion in
May and I bought him a week at a sports camp. His two best friends were also
attending. It may be a bit pricey (he is my Godson) but a lesson in something
they are interested in might be nice. Music, art, sports?

Good luck!
Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Old October 13th 03, 04:12 PM
shirley

When Christmas morning comes it doesn't matter if they went to a camp or a
sporting event (we go regularly to our local baseball games during the
summer, basketball games during the fall/winter), when the packages are
under the tree and they get to open things it's opening that is still the
excitement. I don't mean that there has to be 100 things but opening an
envelope with a note or certificate doesn't cut it just yet. For First
Communions, yes, for Birthdays, yes, but I think the expectations for the AM
of Christmas day is higher than for the other events. This of course is
just my opinion. My niece and nephew (now 24 and 20) didn't start to
appreciate those kinds of gifts until junior high.

Shirley

Old October 13th 03, 07:17 PM
KimandJuan

For First
Communions, yes, for Birthdays, yes, but I think the expectations for the AM
of Christmas day is higher than for the other events.

Shirley,

Wasn't the OP asking for Brithday ideas? Sorry, I couldn't find the OP. But
if not, I think you might be onto something for Christmas. Unless they were
maybe used as stocking stuffers.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old October 14th 03, 12:17 AM
shirley

Maybe, and you would be right about a birthday, the sporting event does get
high rates from that age group as a BD gift.

Shirley

Old October 14th 03, 12:40 AM
Julie Seely

Janet --

Do the boys like games? If so, a couple of Chris' favorites that would
also be fine for 7-yos are Cranium Cadoo (requires good reading skills
-- EC are reading iirc?) and the Amazeing Labyrinth [extra "e"
intentional]. We also have a Creepy Crawlers set that is popular
(remember the old oven-thingy that you make rubber bugs in?).

Julie

multimom4 wrote:

I am totally stumped and I just went to the attic and found heaps in storage
ready for Hanna and virtually nothing for the boys. We have birthday next
week and Christmas coming and dh just left for Asia til next Friday. HELP.
Any and all ideas and prices -- anyone got nephews? KIM are you out there?
Shirley? Jack, Seth and David -- you were 7 once, surely? ;-)

Elliot likes soldiers, warfare, superman, spiderman and tv tv tv tv

Connor likes batman, spiderman, animals, studying toy catalogs and videos
videos videos videos -- but nothing he finds in the catalogs looks good to
me (art paper dispenser or plush dolphins, anyone?) and he himself usually
crosses it off the list we keep, after a week or two. Or it's too young, or
just a near-repeat of something he already has, or just a video we can rent
.... etc.

Neither of them likes to draw or build and they have specifically ruled out
Lego
etc. I spent the entire night last night online and got them a scooter and
two books each. They also have some new pjs (wow!), but that's about it.
I'd like to find a TOY that would keep them from zoning out in front of the
tv so much -- am tossing up a Robin
Hood castle, a pirate ship, a remote-control racetrack ... but fear any or
all might just turn into 1000s of expensive pieces on the floor for me to
cut my feet
on and Holly to chew.

THANKS.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old October 14th 03, 01:41 AM
TwinMom

How 'bout model cars (level 1&2 do not include paint or glue). Dad can do
them with them for some 1-on-1 time. I get lots at Wally World for about
$3-4US and keep them handy for birthday parties, etc. Art sets, crayons,
legos, K'Nex.