A parent of a disabled child who doesn't get it

Old December 28th 07, 12:13 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default A parent of a disabled child who doesn't get it

www.dearparent.blogspot.com

Dec. 25th excerpts:

As I'm eating with the person who had needed a ride to the mall to do
some last-minute shopping, a little boy of about 6 had been running
around several tables and grabbing food from the trays of those with
whom he was sitting (when he sat). He then runs by our table and
attempts to grab food from my tray. Knowing what he had been doing, I
lifted my tray in time and told him "No, this is my food." Hearing no,
he reacted violently by kicking my table and then threw himself to the
floor and screamed.

His mother comes over and talks to him soothingly about the "bad
person" who told him no, to come back to the table and she'd give him
some cookies. She then looks at me and tells me "He's an Aspie." I
asked her what that meant. "You should educate yourself! And you
should learn that they have rights!" I asked if Aspie's had the right
to snatch food off of the tables of total strangers.

(end of excerpts - but there's an even better part that follows!)

Be sure to check the comments, too.

Lenona.