OT bra fitting

Old August 1st 06, 09:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default OT bra fitting

I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are seriously worn
out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be next week, I don't
think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding Ada
2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra faff
is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was fine,
but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

Old August 1st 06, 11:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Sheila

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are seriously
worn out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be next week, I
don't think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding
Ada 2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra
faff is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was
fine, but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

Debenhams are very good.

Old August 1st 06, 12:43 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was fine,
but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

I find the whole thing a complete chore. I did find one non-nursing bra
I liked from M&S but do recall they do have a better range at
Debenhams. But it's been a while so..

Jeni

Old August 1st 06, 12:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

If you do a google search on bra fittings and Seattle, I found quite a few
places. However, I have no idea if they are close to where you will be. Ann
Marie Lingerie, Decent Exposures, and Nordstroms are a few that were listed.
Good luck. Victoria Secrets have bra fittings.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old August 1st 06, 01:11 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding Ada
2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra faff
is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my bust
therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

If you like fancy sexier bras, but don't want to pay $48 and up, before
I got pregnant I used to get all my bras from Fredericks of hollywood.
Reletively inexpensive, supportive, non-grandma looking bras, in a very
very wide range of sizes. They have a website and a storefinder at
www.fredericks.com

good luck.

Old August 1st 06, 02:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Sue wrote:
If you do a google search on bra fittings and Seattle, I found quite a few
places. However, I have no idea if they are close to where you will be. Ann
Marie Lingerie, Decent Exposures, and Nordstroms are a few that were listed.
Good luck. Victoria Secrets have bra fittings.

Nordstrom has a wide selection and usually has well
trained bra fitters.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old August 1st 06, 05:00 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anne Rogers wrote:
I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are
seriously worn out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be
next week, I don't think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm
feeding Ada 2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a
little extra faff is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice
underwired bras.
UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was
fine, but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

I say Nordstroms. They are based in Seattle and they're sort of famous for
their bra fittings, since they appeared on Oprah last year.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old August 1st 06, 05:01 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Jamie Clark wrote:
Anne Rogers wrote:
I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are
seriously worn out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be
next week, I don't think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm
feeding Ada 2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a
little extra faff is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice
underwired bras.
UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was
fine, but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

I say Nordstroms. They are based in Seattle and they're sort of
famous for their bra fittings, since they appeared on Oprah last year.

Oops, I thought you were asking about getting fitted in the US. But that's
an option as well!

Old August 1st 06, 10:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my bust
therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

eek, that's not how I've measured myself, or been measured before, what do
you mean "under the armpits", does that mean across the top of the boobs?

to get the band size in the UK you measure beneath the boobs and add 4 for
an even number and 5 for an odd!

Anne

Old August 1st 06, 10:30 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

I say Nordstroms. They are based in Seattle and they're sort of
famous for their bra fittings, since they appeared on Oprah last year.

Oops, I thought you were asking about getting fitted in the US. But
that's an option as well!

I was! I just asked the UK question for back up, if I don't get some next
week I'm going to have to hit the stores in town, so thanks to Jeni for
suggesting Debenhams hadn't crossed my mind at all.

Anne

OT bra fitting Anne Rogers Pregnancy 30 August 4th 06 11:01 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC General 15 November 11th 04 04:11 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC Pregnancy 15 November 11th 04 04:11 PM
Yet another question - maternity bras and fitting. Cathy Pregnancy 10 September 16th 04 02:22 AM
Fitting in to new town TWilson General (moderated) 10 July 17th 03 12:18 AM