OT bra fitting

Old August 1st 06, 10:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
JP

Default OT bra fitting

This is an excellent sizing chart, don't be put off by the fact that it's a
mastectomy site. The numbers are the same.

JP

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
ups.com...
So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding

Ada
2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra

faff
is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my bust
therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

If you like fancy sexier bras, but don't want to pay $48 and up, before
I got pregnant I used to get all my bras from Fredericks of hollywood.
Reletively inexpensive, supportive, non-grandma looking bras, in a very
very wide range of sizes. They have a website and a storefinder at
www.fredericks.com

good luck.

Old August 2nd 06, 12:27 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anne Rogers wrote:
Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my
bust therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

eek, that's not how I've measured myself, or been measured before,
what do you mean "under the armpits", does that mean across the top
of the boobs?
to get the band size in the UK you measure beneath the boobs and add
4 for an even number and 5 for an odd!

Anne

I've never heard of her way of doing it either, Anne. It seems logical that
what you measure on your ribcage would be your band size, but for whatever
reason, "they" don't do it that way. My understanding of "under the armpit"
would be where your bra band would go.

This is the way that I've had it done.

http://www.blooberry.com/bformfaq/measure.html

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03
Addison Grace, 9/30/04

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old August 2nd 06, 12:37 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"Anna.Nicole.m" wrote in message
ups.com...

Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my
bust therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

According to the "standard" measuring websites, you would be a 40H. Bare
Necessities (first hit on Google for "40H bra") has some nice looking bras
in that size. I can't imagine that they'd cost less to have custom made,
but maybe I'm wrong.
http://www.barenecessities.com/Bras-...,size,1029.htm

Old August 2nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anne Rogers wrote:
I say Nordstroms. They are based in Seattle and they're sort of
famous for their bra fittings, since they appeared on Oprah last
year.

Oops, I thought you were asking about getting fitted in the US. But
that's an option as well!

I was! I just asked the UK question for back up, if I don't get some
next week I'm going to have to hit the stores in town, so thanks to
Jeni for suggesting Debenhams hadn't crossed my mind at all.

Anne

Gotcha. In that case, I second my own recommendation for Nordstroms.

Oprah did a whole show about bra fittings, and how 80% of women are wearing
the wrong size bra. Nordstrom came in and brought an entire bra department,
and fitted every member of the audience, and everyone got a new bra. And
almost 80% of the audience was wearing the wrong size bra.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200..._284_101.jhtml

Old August 2nd 06, 12:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Happy Hunter

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I'll be in Seattle next week and I'm considering getting fitted and
purchasing new bras, my current bras seem to fit ok, but are seriously
worn out. If I want to do this job in the US it has to be next week, I
don't think it will wait 'til October.

So, which stores have good fitters and a good range to choose from? I
haven't yet figured out whether I want nursing bras or not, I'm feeding
Ada 2-3 times a day, but almost never anywhere but home, so a little extra
faff is not a problem and I kind of fancy some nice underwired bras.

UK people, where do you go? I've found M&S not that great fitting was
fine, but then actually finding bras that I liked wasn't!

Anne

If you've been fitted elsewhere, then try these guys for Bras.

UK
http://www.mapledrive.com/

I've used that website for years. Has to be said though, that it's looking a
tad errr risky on their homepage these days, makes them look like they only
sell more exotic underwear.

They've got the best range of bras I've ever come across, especially in
larger sizes. Their link to maternity bras (nursing) doesn't work, but when
I emailed them about it, here's the one they provided instead.
http://www.mapledrive.com/categories/1360.htm

Old August 2nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

eek, that's not how I've measured myself, or been measured before, what do
you mean "under the armpits", does that mean across the top of the boobs?

to get the band size in the UK you measure beneath the boobs and add 4 for
an even number and 5 for an odd!

Anne

They both work, by measuring above the breast you take an extra
variable out.

Old August 2nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Anna.Nicole.m

Prior to pregnancy I wore a 34F now I'm wearing a 34GG or H or
whatever, but I can only find them custom made The 34G was the largest
I could find.

According to the "standard" measuring websites, you would be a 40H. Bare
Necessities (first hit on Google for "40H bra") has some nice looking bras
in that size. I can't imagine that they'd cost less to have custom made,
but maybe I'm wrong.
http://www.barenecessities.com/Bras-...,size,1029.htm

If I measure the way you all measure, I am 28.5 inches under my bust.
As I said either way works. That was just the way I had learned. I
guess some dress makers teach differently. That's the way I was also
measured for my bras. but it's to-may-to to-mah-to

have a good one and good luck

Old August 2nd 06, 01:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
Prior to pregnancy I wore a 34F now I'm wearing a 34GG or H or
whatever, but I can only find them custom made The 34G was the
largest I could find.

According to the "standard" measuring websites, you would be a 40H.
Bare Necessities (first hit on Google for "40H bra") has some nice
looking bras in that size. I can't imagine that they'd cost less to
have custom made, but maybe I'm wrong.
http://www.barenecessities.com/Bras-...,size,1029.htm

If I measure the way you all measure, I am 28.5 inches under my bust.
As I said either way works. That was just the way I had learned. I
guess some dress makers teach differently. That's the way I was also
measured for my bras. but it's to-may-to to-mah-to

have a good one and good luck

Gotcha. So in other words, you are slim with *big* ta-tas! Well, at least
you've found ONE website that carries your size. Bare Necessity basically
has the same style bras in 34H. As I said, might be cheaper than custom
made...although you can guarantee that they fit when they are custom made!

Old August 2nd 06, 02:37 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Jess

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
Anna.Nicole.m wrote:
[...]

www.bravissimo.com is where I'm currently ogling. Fun stuff that goes all
the way up.

Jess

Old August 2nd 06, 12:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy
Linz

Anne Rogers wrote:
Any of the major department stores have store fitters. I always
measure myself. With a nicely fitted unpadded bra. If you measure
directly under your armpits, that is your number in inches over here.
I'm a 34, and then measure around the fullest part of your bust take
that measurement and subtract it from the other measurement. the
difference is your cup size.

for example
1 in larger = A cup
2 in larger = B cup
3 larger= C
and so forth

I measure 34 under my armpits and 42 around the fullest part of my
bust therefore i have to get my bras custom made LOL

According to this method, I'm a 34A.

eek, that's not how I've measured myself, or been measured before,
what do you mean "under the armpits", does that mean across the top
of the boobs?
to get the band size in the UK you measure beneath the boobs and add
4 for an even number and 5 for an odd!

According to the UK method I'm a 34AA.

According to Rigby and Peller I'm a 32C. Well, actually, I'm "between 30 and
32" but still a C. And I have to say, it's the 32C bras that I've bought
since I went to R&P that fit, and are the most comfortable bras I've ever
worn. Heck, I suddenly have a cleavage, and forget that I'm actually wearing
a bra even though it's got underwires! This is after 20 years of wearing
32A...

OT bra fitting Anne Rogers Pregnancy 30 August 4th 06 11:01 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC General 15 November 11th 04 05:11 PM
Period pain 2 weeks after IUD fitting JBC Pregnancy 15 November 11th 04 05:11 PM
Yet another question - maternity bras and fitting. Cathy Pregnancy 10 September 16th 04 02:22 AM
Fitting in to new town TWilson General (moderated) 10 July 17th 03 12:18 AM