Watch Your Retirement Funds, Dads!

Old March 13th 04, 01:02 AM
Gini52

Default Watch Your Retirement Funds, Dads!

In article .net, Bob
Whiteside says...

==
Whoa, Bob--You just defined "Divorce Theory." Never thought of it that

way.
The course then, should be called "Divorce: Theory & Praxis." That should

do
it, eh?
==
==

Thanks for making me look up the word "praxis". I'm just too practical in
the way I think to understand the dictionary definition of that word.

==
:-)..It means 'practice.' The dichotomy between theory and praxis is a common
legal "dilemma." It is a very appropriate description of current family law. I
just hadn't thought of it lately--Your post reminded me of some Political and
Constitutional Theory classes of long ago.
==
==

I see the process of "Divorce Theory" as more "Divorce: Cut the Check and
Lose Your Future" for men, and "Divorce: Take the Money and Cut His Genitals
Off" for women. Either way women win and men lose.

Old March 13th 04, 02:36 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article .net, Bob
Whiteside says...

Thanks for making me look up the word "praxis". I'm just too practical

in
the way I think to understand the dictionary definition of that word.

==
:-)..It means 'practice.' The dichotomy between theory and praxis is a

common
legal "dilemma." It is a very appropriate description of current family

law. I
just hadn't thought of it lately--Your post reminded me of some Political

and
Constitutional Theory classes of long ago.
==
==

I was just kidding around. I understood the definition.

If you really want to hear the dilemma between theory and practice go visit
your state capital during testimony on child support legislation. You'd
come to the conclusion the members of the legislature that make up the
Judiciary Committee don't understand what really goes on in Family Law.
Most of them are former lawyers who practiced family law and what they say
about the process is so different from my reality you'd think they were from
another planet. I actually had the Chairman of the House Judiciary
Committee tell me I just didn't understand the process. Of course, he
didn't like the fact I had just testified the proposed legislation was good
for lawyers and bad for parents. :-)

Likewise, when the state AG testifies and/or the administrators of the CS
system testify, what they say is pure theory and has nothing to do with
practical reality. They are totally out of touch. One of the members of
the committee, who should have been an ally since he went through a divorce,
actually thought the DA's were part of the judicial branch of government.
He had to be set straight by another member of the House that the DA's were
part of the executive branch.

Old March 13th 04, 02:36 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article .net, Bob
Whiteside says...

Old March 13th 04, 02:36 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article .net, Bob
Whiteside says...

Old April 2nd 04, 09:43 PM
AZ Astrea

"Gini" wrote in message

"Indyguy1" wrote in message
AZ wrote:

When I was in high school I took an english class called "marriage".

From
what I can remember all it was about was figuring how much it costs to

set
up a household and the cost of kids. I think it should have covered

all
the
stuff you list as well. I wonder if the schools still offer such

classes?

They did in our HS district. Both of my children took the class. In 1997

it was
called Adult Living and in 2001 it was called Social Changes, although

the
class was exactly the same.

They covered what young adults need to know to be able to live on their

own
(basic cooking, how to budget, handling a checking account, etc.) and

marriage
AND divorce. They did a mock wedding AND took the class to divorce

court.
==
Can't help wondering--Was the divorce experience shown for the husband/dad
and
wife/mother? Did they research child support tables and custody
placements/disputes?
I'm thinking that since the general population doesn't seem aware that the
experience is
totally different for the man than it is for the woman, they might not
really delve into that,
even though there are numerous resources on divorce for women.
==

--------------------------------
No, the general population definitley is not aware of the different
experiences for men and women. Of all the people I have talked to on this
subject they can be split into two groups, those that have experience with
and know the system is biased and those that have no experience but deeply
believe our court system is just and so there could be no problem with bias.
The second group are truly shocked when they hear about the grave injustices
done to fathers because they really had no idea. With the first group you
have ncp dads who are part of this unjust system or cp moms who want to get
as much money as they can, or their immediate families.
This is exactly the stuff I think they should go over in these classes. If
they are going to pretend they are married, have x amount of kids and have
high paying,(rriigghht), jobs, then based on those figures they should have
to research how the courts decide custody, (as well as learning that kids go
to the moms most of the time even when both parents want the dad to have
custody), and the child support tables. They should even have 'problems'
come up like the man loses his job and is unable to get a downward
modification or the mom is injured and has to be hospitalized for a period
and needs the dad to take the kids.

There are so many ways the system punishes men and rewards women and most
people honestly have no idea. All they know is what they get from the media
which is all dad's are deadbeats, blah, blah, blah.....

~AZ~

==