Don't get your kid a US Bank Visa Buxx

Old November 15th 06, 03:24 PM posted to misc.kids
sue h.

Default Don't get your kid a US Bank Visa Buxx

Avoid U.S. Bank's Visa Buxx card. Their customer service is virtually
non-existent, and their operations side is incompetent. Worse, the two
never talk to each other. My daughter's U.S. Bank Visa Buxx card was
fraudulently charged with five charges processed in Europe. We live in
California and the card was used in California on the same day. US Bank
still has not fully credited my account for the full amount although we
have cooperated with their every request. Also, they have cut off my
access to the account statement and refuse to fax me a hard copy of the
statement.

I submitted written complaints to the the Bank president, the OCC, the
California AG, and Visa USA. And they still can't get it right. As I
said to the OCC, I am a lawyer with experience in dealing with these
matters. An ordinary consumer with a 9 to 5 job and no legal training
would be utterly at your mercy.

It has been 15 days since I have been able to access my daughter's
account. Yesterday, I was told there were ten fraudulent charges
reported to the account. It took me half an hour to convince the CSR
supervisor that only five charges were reported and that US Bank Visa
Buxx somehow had generated duplicate charges. I still have not received
credit for the fifth transaction that somehow the chargeback unit
forgot to process. For more detail, see my page at
http://www.suehimmelrich.com.