CCTS: age 2 and 1/2

Old November 13th 06, 02:59 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default CCTS: age 2 and 1/2

I first posted on misc. kids over a decade ago. Where has the time
gone! I don't think that I've posted in a couple years, but my little
one, Hypatia, is now as old as Andrico was when I started posting, and
she's saying the same sorts of hillarious stuff as her older brother
used to say that compelled me to post a decade or so ago.

Anyhooo, we no longer live in Madison; we live in Lancaster, very
southwestern Wisconsin, these days, very close to Dubuque. We've been
going down there frequently these past three weeks, dealing with a
rental property that the tenants trashed.

Today in the car, the conversation went something like this:

Hypatia: Where are we?

Me: We're almost in Dubuque.

Hypatia (2 minutes later): Where are we?

Me: We're in Dubuque now.

(Pause of a few minutes here as I'm exiting off the freeway and driving
to the house)

Hypatia (pointing at a brick building): Look, there's another Buque!

Me (confused): A buque?

Hypatia (pointing at another brick building that we're passing): And
dere's another Buque!

-Andrea Baker (mom to Hypatia, age 2 and 1/2, and Andrico, age 14)

Old November 13th 06, 04:20 AM posted to misc.kids
Cathy Kearns

Default age 2 and 1/2

A similar story, when my daughter was about 2 we were heading to the
Bahamas, but since we were coming from the west coast we were spending a
night in Miami on the way. I spent a week before this vacation explaining
to my daughter we would take the big plane to Miami, and stay over night,
and then take a smaller plane to the island.

The morning of the trip my husband was finishing packing and told my
daughter we are off to Miami. She immediately burst into tears crying "I
don't want to go to your ami, I want to go to mommy's ami!"

Old November 13th 06, 04:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

One of #2's (age 3) friends has just gone to live in America for two years.
She asked where she was and I explained that she'd gone to America, and no
it was too far to visit. She'd flown there in a plane.
Later I heard her explaining to her doll that her friend had:
"gone with an-egg-in-car" in an aeroplane where she had to wave her arms up
and down. I asked her if that was how plane's flew and she said yes,
everyone has to flap their arms while on the plane to make it fly!
Debbie

Old November 13th 06, 05:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines

Cathy Kearns wrote:
[snip]
The morning of the trip my husband was finishing packing and told my
daughter we are off to Miami. She immediately burst into tears crying "I
don't want to go to your ami, I want to go to mommy's ami!"

That reminds me of our son at a similar age.

We were staying with Grandma and Grandpa: the plan was that Grandpa
would take DS top see an old fishing vessel, and DH and I would go
shopping. DS was very reluctant to go with Grandpa, so we told
him he'd be having lots of fun with Grandpa, while Mummy and Daddy
were looking at "boring shops". Not good enough: he told us that
"Me want to look at boring shops".

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three