no child support paid

Old September 4th 05, 06:02 AM

Default no child support paid

I have an x-husband who hasn't paid child support in over a year and
hasn't helped with begining of school stuff, clothes, pics,
registration ect, in over 2 or 3 yrs. He has been taking care of our
son, but he is 20 now and his dad didn't want him to work while he was
in school. I worked while I was in school!
My son decided to live with his dad when I re-married, it got worse,
and not with the step dad , with me.My husband pretty much stays out of
the way with my children He had always given me trouble before I
married but it got worse after. He didn't want to do anything, take out
the trash, pick up his room even a little ect. My x is not Donald Trump
and should not try to be! Us normal folk need our kids to work to pay
there expenses and go to school as well. I'm thinking of taking him to
court, I just hesistate because it will make my kids upset, thats why I
have put it off so long.
Please advise
Michele

Old September 5th 05, 06:52 PM
Beverly

On 3 Sep 2005 22:02:13 -0700, wrote:

[...]

I HOPE you are just talking about adult children. And even then, as a
mother who would want her child to succeed in college, there are few
expenses I'd make my child cover (i.e. nothing I pay for regardless
like rent or untilities) while he is trying to build a life for
himself.

As far as his refusing to do chores, that is a parenting issue.

I worked and went to school while raising 3 kids. Still working
toward my masters with 2 kids left at home. My dream is that they
never have it as hard as I did getting an education... not that they
experience it like I did.

Old September 6th 05, 01:17 AM
SpiderHam77

I have an x-husband who hasn't paid child support in over a year and
hasn't helped with begining of school stuff, clothes, pics,
registration ect, in over 2 or 3 yrs. He has been taking care of our
son, but he is 20 now and his dad didn't want him to work while he was
in school. I worked while I was in school!

Okay maybe I'm misreading something here.. Your Son is 20 years of
age, and your asking for Child Support when he lives with his Father?

The largest problem I see here is the fact that your child is now an
Adult, and not covered under current Child Support Laws unless an
agreement was made at the time of divorce and origninal Child Support
agreement to the effect paying for college would also be included.. but
I'm getting the impression it was not.

Second Problem is... if your having a problem with it.. Simply tell
your Son, sorry I'd love to pay for College but I can't affoard it, go
ask your Dad for help on the matter... No one is forcing you to pay for
it.

SpiderHam77