3yo avoiding potty training

Old April 20th 04, 01:48 AM
Robyn Kozierok

Default All potty trained except the potty part...

So, I wrote earlier about my almost-3yo who was resisting potty training.
Since then he has turned 3 and has shown very clearly that he is physically
ready to train. We just have to get him to go along with it :-)

In the past several weeks, he has become very sensitive to having a wet
diaper, and asks to have it changed as soon as he pees. For the past
several days, he has begun doing the "potty dance" before peeing. Today,
he danced, wiggled, squirmed etc. for over an hour before finally peeing.
In that time we offered him the potty, took him out to "pee on a tree",
even told him to go ahead and do it in his diaper and we would change him
(which is what finally happened, but not when I suggested it). He has
also woken up dry for the past several days. (For about a week before
that, he would pee at 4am then wake me to change him! ack!)

He still has yet to sit on the potty naked, though he regularly sits on
it fully clothed.

He is obviously so close, he just has to want to do it. Hopefully
that piece will come soon

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Old April 20th 04, 04:41 AM
Mary

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote in message
[...]

For my boys, it wasn't so much as the potty that was hard. It was #2 that
was difficult...because they aren't used to sitting to go, they are used to
standing and doing it in their diaper. All I can do is wish you the best of
luck at this point. All kids are different.

--
Mary