Weightloss AFTER Birth: Whinefest

Old September 2nd 04, 05:16 PM
Carol Ann

Default Weightloss AFTER Birth: Whinefest

Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

I gave birth 5 months ago. Within a week, I lost 30lbs. That put me down
to 170 lbs (by my scale).

Since then, I just can't stop with the eating. Mostly, I crave and eat
sugary processed foods. What's up with that?

I also want fatty fried stuff. I just don't get WHY I can't control myself.

I quit smoking in January 2001 and NEVER picked up another cigarette. Why is
it easier to stop nicotine?

I feel fat and miserable. Just miserable.

I just want to be a size 8 Petite again. Right now, my jeans are 14 petite.
I hate my lack of will power.

--
~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge

http://tinyurl.com/3qjg4 ---Recent Pictures of Morgan

Old September 2nd 04, 05:30 PM
ChocolateTruffles

Carol Ann wrote:

I just want to be a size 8 Petite again. Right now, my jeans are 14 petite.
I hate my lack of will power.

I hear you. Boy do I hear you.

(I guess my screen name doesn't help much, does it?) ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://ca.geocities.com/bironmonger/

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it,
requires brains."
~ Mary Pettibone Poole

Old September 2nd 04, 05:40 PM
Christine

I hear ya G/f....when I came home I dropped 20 pounds,,,now!!!, whew I
dont want to say what I weigh....i'm usually a size 3 ( in juniors ) ya
know low rider Levi's, and all that cute little
stuff....LOL....now....omg....
I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a 9....
I dont exercise, i think i need to!
I have more of and appetite now than when i was pregnant, my craving is
cheese cubes!
ice cream, steaks, well, almost anything...lol...

I hate when I walk past a window in the mall,and see myself in it or a
shadow of myself...I just cant lose the stomach....but then again I
have'nt started situps yet....did you?
i mean its not huge, but way bigger than i'm used to....
but then again, every extra pound was worth it huh?
I do feel lucky because I didnt get even one stretch mark...;-))....i
know that she was worth any scar or mark, but it is nice NOT to have
them...
how is your C-Sec scar???
mine is so small, and it is so low,its just very red.....I shave pretty
close down there so it does show, but if i didnt shave so low, the hair
would cover it.. ( that is how low it is ).but i cant stand
hair!...LOL...

Ok, hope you doing well..;-))

Christine,,,,,

Http://community.webtv.net/christine133/MyPrincessChloe

Old September 2nd 04, 06:16 PM
firedancer623

Ugh. Yep. The thing is, I lost all my weight by 6 weeks and then gained some
back. Well, I am pretty sure I've gained it back. Im in a size 12 right now.

I dont even know what my "normal" size is anymore. Before I had #1 I was 115
lbs and somehow, I keep thinking I can actually be that small again. I doubt
it. Wishful thinking I suppose.

I threw out the scales so I dont even know what I weigh. I dont want to know
either, lol.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (5) and Xander (11 mos)

Old September 2nd 04, 06:19 PM
Angela Schepers

Oh my yes. I've never been this heavy in my life and I feel miserable.
My problem is I'm hungry all the time!! I lost 15 lbs immediately
after I gave birth, though I gained 35 through the pregnancy, and then
proceeded to gain another 5 lbs since (16 weeks post partum currently).
I'm Bfing so I didn't think I'd gain weight very easily, boy was I
wrong. But I'm notorious for having metabolism the speed of a slug.
I'm having difficulty controlling myself as well. All I want to eat is
sweet, fatty foods. Petite size 8? My lord, I was a size 10 once and
135lbs in college and my doctor accused me of being underweight and
anorexic, of course I was but man oh man did I get looks from the guys.
Problem is once you start eating again you gain more weight on than
you had in the first place. You'd think it would teach me a lesson.

I've been having to fight myself from stopping eating again, but
weighing 220lbs just isn't working anymore. I've tried exercizing but
I'm exhausted all the time and exercizing makes me feel even more
miserable. Quinn is a real handful sometimes and DH just doesn't have
the patience for him (been under a lot of financial stress here) and
sometimes he gets upset and yells so I end up doing every thing
sometimes. So, I eat for comfort to make myself feel better. Vicious
cycle anyone? The only reason I haven't stopped eating again is because
of Quinn. My supply will dry up and I won't be able to feed him how I
choose if I stop eating. I didn't mean for this post to go the
direction it's going but obviously I think I needed to mention how I am
feeling to somebody. I have to go visit my mother next weekend and I
know the minute she sees me she's going to start wailing on me because
of my expanding waist/butt size. *sigh* I wish she understood how much
worse she makes it on me, but she never has understood so I won't try.

Anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from Carol Ann. Hang
in there.

Angela

Old September 2nd 04, 07:09 PM
Nan

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:16:23 GMT, "Carol Ann"
scribbled:

Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

And how!

I gave birth 5 months ago. Within a week, I lost 30lbs. That put me down
to 170 lbs (by my scale).

Since then, I just can't stop with the eating. Mostly, I crave and eat
sugary processed foods. What's up with that?

I also want fatty fried stuff. I just don't get WHY I can't control myself.

I hear you... My current weakness is Chips Ahoy cookies dunked in
milk.

I quit smoking in January 2001 and NEVER picked up another cigarette. Why is
it easier to stop nicotine?

January 2002 for me. I struggled a bit, but not like I am with the
food!

I feel fat and miserable. Just miserable.

I just want to be a size 8 Petite again. Right now, my jeans are 14 petite.
I hate my lack of will power.

Ack. I haven't been an 8 for a long time.... I'd like to be able to
fit into my size 12 wardrobe again.

Nan
Old September 2nd 04, 07:32 PM
Donna

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

I gave birth 5 months ago. Within a week, I lost 30lbs. That put me down
to 170 lbs (by my scale).

Since then, I just can't stop with the eating.

Oh, Carol Ann, I'm so there with you. I dropped thirty pounds in the first
two weeks after giving birth, but haven't dropped an ounce in the month
since - and I still have 20 to go to get to my (already too generous)
pre-pregnancy size. Grrrrr....... Today I went to Target and bought some
gigantic pants and shorts to get me through the transition phase. I REFUSE
to wear maternity clothes one minute longer. sigh

So I empathize more than you can believe. However.... it's 9 months up and
9 months down. It's frustrating, but that's really as long as it takes to
get back to your old self. So stop beating yourself up about this, ok? I
wil be a tremendous hypocrite here and recommend that you try to increase
your exercise - even taking just a short walk every day (not that I have
managed this, of course), rather than putting yourself on a stringent diet.
The weight really will come off, but it may take a few more months.

Carol Ann, are you nursing still? Because you might not be able to budge
the weight before you wean. For some of us, that's the case. I never got
my last ten pregnancy pounds off until I weaned my daughter, and then I
dropped 20 in the following month. So it might be that.

Hang in there. But yeah, I'm right there with you. Babyfat sucks.

Donna (porky)

Old September 2nd 04, 10:34 PM
Cam & Shane

Oh yeah!!! I can soooo sympathize with you. I dropped 4.5 kilos the day I
gave birth and I've proceeded to put back on 3 of those :-( I still can't
fit into my FAT jeans - let alone my skinny ones. Oh well....

Breastfeeding just makes me sooo hungry - all the time!!

I love this quote from Kaz Cooke's book "Kid-wrangling" regarding celeb mums
and their fantastic post birth figures...

"They're freaks. Rich, pampered, freaky freakified freaks"

But I do love my baby and I would do it all again in an instant :-)))

All the best
Camille

---

Old September 2nd 04, 11:22 PM
Anne Rogers

I've nothing to say, just that it will happen sometime, I've not changed
anything, I weighed the same a year after the birth as I did a week after
(62kg for those who understand metric), now at 15 months after I'm down to
58kg, and I've done nothing, other than carry on breastfeeding.
Old September 3rd 04, 02:15 AM
Cathy

Carol Ann wrote:
Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

I gave birth 5 months ago. Within a week, I lost 30lbs. That put me
down to 170 lbs (by my scale).

Yep! I was similar - dropped quite a lot in the first 3 weeks, then stopped.
Lost nothing over winter, and was eating horribly, but then come summer
something kicked in and I ended up several kilos less than pre-preg weight -
and I didn't change eating habits. Which is why I am now putting on more
weight with this preg. than with the first - crap eating habits.

Since then, I just can't stop with the eating. Mostly, I crave and
eat sugary processed foods. What's up with that?

I also want fatty fried stuff. I just don't get WHY I can't control
myself.

I always want junk food when I'm tired. I don't know why, but when I'm
rested I eat well.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Jan 04