What about tonight?

Old March 26th 04, 12:45 AM
Marie

Default What about tonight?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:45:35 -0800, "Circe" wrote:
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas of
things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare something up!

How about Chinese? lol
Marie

Old March 26th 04, 12:45 AM
Circe

Old March 26th 04, 12:46 AM
Circe

Circe wrote:
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of
ideas of things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare
something up!

Arg. There's another e-mail sent to the newsgroup by mistake! LOL!

Old March 26th 04, 12:50 AM
Circe

wrote:
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of
ideas of things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare
something up!

How about Chinese? lol

Sounds good. You buying?
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [2] mom)

Old March 26th 04, 12:56 AM
Sophie

"Circe" wrote in message
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas of
things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare something up!

I know you weren't asking us (lol) but -

Do your kids like pizza? I found a nifty recipe - use crescent rolls, pizza
sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you like. The kids like it better then
when I make a rectangle pizza. They like the triangle slices and the crust
does taste better.

Old March 26th 04, 01:00 AM
Circe

Sophie wrote:
"Circe" wrote in message
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of
ideas of things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare
something up!

I know you weren't asking us (lol) but -

LOL!

Do your kids like pizza? I found a nifty recipe - use crescent
rolls, pizza sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you like. The
kids like it better then when I make a rectangle pizza. They like
the triangle slices and the crust does taste better.

Sounds great, though I'd surely have to make a run to the store to do it.
I'd like to have the recipe, though.

Honestly, I am hoping the spousal unit's response is, "Let's go out
tonight." We usually have one dinner out per week, and I'm ready for it now.

Old March 26th 04, 01:13 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Circe wrote:

Circe wrote:

What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of
ideas of things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare
something up!

Arg. There's another e-mail sent to the newsgroup by mistake! LOL!

Too funny. Sad to say, DH and I have that
same conversation waaaay too often. I lack discipline
regarding meals (love to cook "special event" foods, but
don't really like everyday cooking). Tonight was
particularly bad, as I'm overdue on the grocery shopping
and have been laid up with a stomach bug for the last
two days. Ugh.

Take care, and hope dinner is delish!
Ericka

Old March 26th 04, 01:27 AM
Circe

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Circe wrote:
Circe wrote:
What do you want to do about dinner? I'm sorry, I'm fresh out of
ideas of things to cook myself, though I'm sure I could scare
something up!

Arg. There's another e-mail sent to the newsgroup by mistake! LOL!

Too funny. Sad to say, DH and I have that
same conversation waaaay too often. I lack discipline
regarding meals (love to cook "special event" foods, but
don't really like everyday cooking).

I usually send him an e-mail around this time with a list of 3-4 things I
can make for dinner. But we've had already had fish, chicken, and meatball
soup this week and I don't feel like more fish, more chicken, or more ground
meat and everything else in the freezer will take too long to defrost. So
I'm hoping for a "let's eat out" repreive!

Tonight was
particularly bad, as I'm overdue on the grocery shopping
and have been laid up with a stomach bug for the last
two days.

Ooh, hope you're feeling better soon. The last thing I'd want to do with a
stomach bug is shop for food--gack!

Old March 26th 04, 01:36 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Circe wrote:

Tonight was
particularly bad, as I'm overdue on the grocery shopping
and have been laid up with a stomach bug for the last
two days.

Ooh, hope you're feeling better soon. The last thing I'd want to do with a
stomach bug is shop for food--gack!

No kidding, but I *have* to eat! I feel really whiny
today. We have an audit at work tomorrow, so I have to go in
for the whole day--anything else is completely unthinkable.
To add to the unfairness, this is my *second* round of this
crap. It's going around this area like you wouldn't believe.
Adrian said that by the end of the day, there were only
10 kids left in his class, the rest having been sent home
for being "too hot" (I assume he meant feverish, as I
assured him they don't send kids home from school just
because it's finally warm outside and they ran around
too much at recess! ;-). I suspect
he exaggerates somewhat, but last go 'round they had
surges of it coming on really suddenly at school and
kids not making it to the bathroom in time. This stuff
is highly contagious. Last time, everyone but the baby
got it. This time, it's just me and the baby so far, but
who knows in the next few days. I've just so had it. I
meant to spend the last couple days in audit preparation,
and now I've had to do it via email and phone, which
doesn't leave me quite as warm and fuzzy feeling about
everyone's readiness. I don't think they'll find any
major problems, but I just hate not having every "i"
dotted and every "t" crossed. But, I'm going to get
through tomorrow, and then I'm going to sleep for the
weekend and let everyone else pick up the rest (assuming
they don't come down with this stuff).

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 26th 04, 01:51 AM
HollyLewis

I usually send him an e-mail around this time with a list of 3-4 things I
can make for dinner.

Huh. In my house, the adult who ain't cooking (usually me) eats whatever's on
offer. I don't get a menu beforehand. ;-)

The decision to go out, or get takeout, is also usually made a little bit less
collectively: "I'm not up to fixing dinner tonight. You wanna do something,
or shall I order Chinese?" Or, "I'm stuck at work late tonight. You better
get something to eat."

Of course, neither of us is at home in the afternoons, so our decisions about
who's cooking and what we're eating are generally made at the last minute and
when we're both in the same physical location. The whole idea of *planning*
meals seems so foreign to me... :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04