What do I do???

Old July 22nd 03, 09:38 PM
Kender

Default What do I do???

"Megan Byrne" wrote in message
Ellen,
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I have considered that. Do they come
in different sizes? We have a very small house and sometimes I will just
put Aidan in their room (which is right next to the living room) and
Alexis in the living room.

I don't want to sound ungreatful or unhappy, but I am a first time Mom
and it hurts me when Aidan cries b/c his sister is tormenting him. KWIM?

Sooner or later, they understand "No", right? They know what "bounce"
and "dance" mean, LOL!

Just a bit of advice . . . try using the word 'stop' instead of 'no'. You
will appreciate it in the future as there won't be so many no's thrown back
at you. : ) This is one of the best thing I ever did.

Remember, this too shall pass. I'll let you know when the sibling rivalry
passes over here, sigh.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old July 23rd 03, 01:03 AM
Truffles

David desJardins wrote:

If everyone hated my postings, I'd stop posting entirely. But a fair
number of people seem to appreciate (some of) what I have to say.

I appreciate them, David. I might not always agree, but I appreciate
them. Actually, I look forward to your posts. I usually find them
insightful, well thought-out, and easy to read.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 23rd 03, 01:15 AM
Ellen Kmetz

I appreciate them, David. I might not always agree, but I appreciate
them. Actually, I look forward to your posts. I usually find them
insightful, well thought-out, and easy to read.

Ditto here!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old July 23rd 03, 08:51 AM
Tanya Makins

Hi,
I also have a girl and boy, 18 months now Molly and Charley. They are the
same, she is the dominant one, she is quite a lot smaller than him but only
in size. She takes everything off him, she's even bitten him before. He
just sits and cries, I think its def a girl thing. I used to tell her off
all the time, picking Charley up and giving him a cuddle but now I've
started to try and do nothing, trying to get him to stand up for himself and
its starting to pay off. He is slowly trying to keep hold of toys or walk
away without much of a responce.
Its all entertaining stuff!!! I suppose we're all different in our
approaches but this may work for you too.
Good luck,
Tanya (Notts...England)
Megan Byrne wrote in message
Oh my goodness...Aidan and Alexis will be 10 mos. old next week and we
are already having problems with them playing together. Alexis is
crawling, getting into everything and is very hyper and aggresive.
Wheras, Aidan is very laid-back, quite the "baby" still and not
crawling. Anyway, my problem is that Alexis does not play "nice". She
constantly grabs things from Aidan, pulls his hair, pokes his eyes, etc.
Of course, this makes Aidan cry. I say "No Alexis", but she just looks
at me and smiles. How do I get her to learn that this is not "nice"? I
am aggravated at this, b/c it is such a production when they are playing
together. Even when I put Aidan in his excersaucer, trying to keep him
out of her reach, she goes up and pulls herself up in the standing
position, just so she can get to him! Argh! Any suggestions???

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02