I'm feeling weird

Old September 2nd 03, 06:26 PM
Tiina Kartovaara

Default I'm feeling weird

I think I've turned a corner here or something. This will probably go on
for weeks, but I definitely feel different than I did yesterday! Still
OK, but my back actually aches, just getting up from my chair seems to
cause contractions, and I feel sort of queasy and funny in every way.

Well, I'm 38+2, so I guess it was time I started feeling pregnant. ;-)
Based on Cheryl's recent experiences, I'm not expecting anything
drastic. But I *am* slightly nervous about DH's one-day trip to Germany
on Thursday. *If* something happens this week, I really hope it happens
soon, so he has time to cancel! Better yet if nothing more happens,
since we still have some loose ends to tie up..

Anyway, I just wanted to share - and don't send me any labor vibes yet,
please! In fact, I hope that just reporting this will cause all my
symptoms to disappear immediately, just so I won't have to be nervous
while DH is away! :-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Old September 3rd 03, 03:30 AM
Em

"Tiina Kartovaara" wrote in message
[...]

Hmm. I haven't seen much else from you today. You're not off having a baby
are you?! I'll sit on my labor vibes for a bit longer (not that they're any
good--they certainly aren't working for Cheryl, even though I'm trying my
best!)

I identify with you about being slightly nervous about other peoples'
obligations. My mom is supposed to be at the birth and she has an event that
she really needs to go to on the 21st--we keep saying that if she goes, that
definitely means I'll have the baby that day, but if she stays, I definitely
won't have the baby! Then we think, "maybe since we're thinking about it
that way we will be tricked and I really actually only have the baby if she
stays, so she should probably go, but oops, now we thought about that option
too, so probably not...." ;-)

Make sure to check in soon, so that we know what you've been up to!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 3rd 03, 09:04 AM
Tiina Kartovaara

Em wrote:
[...]

Checking in as ordered! ;-) I think I was just overdoing it a bit
yesterday - walked around town a lot, shopping and doing other stuff. I
mean, I still feel "different" - baby seems to be quite a bit lower, and
walking increases my contractions, but I'm OK if I take it easy. I guess
my body is finally telling me to slow down!

Yesterday, it was a different story. For quite a while, I had
contractions at 12-minute intervals, and some of them were quite strong.
During one of them, I couldn't speak or move but just sat on the sofa,
bug-eyed! :-) But it passed. We did discuss cancelling DH's trip, but in
the end decided not to.

About your mom's event and your having or not having the baby that day -
I definitely know what you mean! I've felt like if I order DH to stay
close from now on, I'm certain to go to 42 weeks. On the other hand, if
I don't.. Anyway, I think last night made things clearer in that
respect. No travel after Thursday! No matter when the baby actually
comes, I just don't want to worry about him not being there, and he
feels the same way.

Today, I think I'm going to take the opportunity to rest while DD is in
daycare. Maybe watch a movie or something.. I hope you figure out how
the trick fate on the 21st! :-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 3rd 03, 09:15 PM
Em

Em wrote:
[...]

Well, okay then! Glad you checked in, or we'd have to be starting a poll for
you as well! My baby's position feels different lately to me as well. I
don't really know for sure if he has dropped, but my belly seems to be a
different shape (and almost smaller looking) and he seems to be in a
different position as well. I also have increased low down crampy feelings
that make me wonder if it is different pressure from his head.

Yesterday, it was a different story. For quite a while, I had
contractions at 12-minute intervals, and some of them were quite strong.
During one of them, I couldn't speak or move but just sat on the sofa,
bug-eyed! :-) But it passed. We did discuss cancelling DH's trip, but in
the end decided not to.

I would have started to think "this is it" type thoughts, I think!

About your mom's event and your having or not having the baby that day
I definitely know what you mean! I've felt like if I order DH to stay
close from now on, I'm certain to go to 42 weeks. On the other hand, if
I don't.. Anyway, I think last night made things clearer in that
respect. No travel after Thursday! No matter when the baby actually
comes, I just don't want to worry about him not being there, and he
feels the same way.

It does sound like things are moving along for you, so a "travel ban" makes
sense for sure. DH & I decided fairly early on, that we wouldn't travel any
more after Sept. 1st, just in case. We don't want to have to worry about
trying to get back home from a distance and so are going to be homebodies
for a few weeks.

Today, I think I'm going to take the opportunity to rest while DD is in
daycare. Maybe watch a movie or something.. I hope you figure out how
the trick fate on the 21st! :-)

Sounds nice. We relaxed with a movie last night--I was tempted to find some
sort of project to work on while watching it, but then decided that it might
be our last uninterrupted movie for a while and that we both just deserved
to relax and watch it as opposed to trying to multi-task too heroically (I
did write a thank you note for a recently received baby gift during it
though).

I hope we have the baby before the 21st and don't have to worry about the
fate tricking! I did just find out today that my doula needs to be out of
town on the 13th, but needs my "permission" to go since according to our
contract she has to be one hour distance away and on call starting on Sept.
8th. So, now I have a new set of possibilities to juggle--do I want to have
a Sept. 13 baby or not, etc. ;-)

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 4th 03, 10:09 AM
Tiina Kartovaara

Em wrote:

Well, okay then! Glad you checked in, or we'd have to be starting a poll for
you as well! My baby's position feels different lately to me as well. I
don't really know for sure if he has dropped, but my belly seems to be a
different shape (and almost smaller looking) and he seems to be in a
different position as well. I also have increased low down crampy feelings
that make me wonder if it is different pressure from his head.

Hm, I wouldn't say mine looks smaller, but it's definitely lower! I'm
even having occasional pain in my SI joint and my right leg feels funny
(the same symptoms I had last time, only then they lasted much longer
and were *much* worse). The pelvic pain comes and goes, but it really
does feel like the baby is much deeper inside my pelvis. I have this
heavy, drooping feeling I didn't have before.

It does sound like things are moving along for you, so a "travel ban" makes
sense for sure. DH & I decided fairly early on, that we wouldn't travel any
more after Sept. 1st, just in case. We don't want to have to worry about
trying to get back home from a distance and so are going to be homebodies
for a few weeks.

I decided a few weeks back that I was going to sleep in my own bed from
then on! It was a bit harder to decide when DH should stop, especially
since his potential trips were short. The likelihood that I would start
labor the very day he was away was slim, but what if...

In the end, he didn't even go to Germany today, bless his heart. He sent
a text message to my cell phone from work yesterday telling me he wasn't
going (he'd found someone else who was willing to go). I replied in
German, saying "Wunderschön! Ich liebe dich!" (Wonderful! I love you!) I
don't think I'm going to have the baby today, but what a relief!

Today, I think I'm going to take the opportunity to rest while DD is in
daycare. Maybe watch a movie or something.. I hope you figure out how
to trick fate on the 21st! :-)

Sounds nice. We relaxed with a movie last night--I was tempted to find some
sort of project to work on while watching it, but then decided that it might
be our last uninterrupted movie for a while and that we both just deserved
to relax and watch it as opposed to trying to multi-task too heroically (I
did write a thank you note for a recently received baby gift during it
though).

Actually, with a young baby, watching movies is not that hard. We did it
a lot when Emilia was very small - she would nurse or sleep in my arms
and not be bothered by the TV, as long as the volume wasn't loud. It
gets more difficult later, when they actually start paying attention to
the screen, and you have to decide what is appropriate for them to see,
or whether you want them to watch any TV in the first place!

I did watch a movie yesterday - Atom Egoyan's "The Sweet Hereafter".
That's a Canadian movie that's basically about all the different ways of
losing your children, so I cried practically the whole time.
Incidentally, the movie has a flashback sequence that features
cosleeping and nursing a 3-year-old! Of course, the child ends up a
miserable drug addict, but still.. ;-)

I hope we have the baby before the 21st and don't have to worry about the
fate tricking! I did just find out today that my doula needs to be out of
town on the 13th, but needs my "permission" to go since according to our
contract she has to be one hour distance away and on call starting on Sept.
8th. So, now I have a new set of possibilities to juggle--do I want to have
a Sept. 13 baby or not, etc. ;-)

Oh, what a nuisance! I know my baby will *not* be born on Sept. 10th,
because that's when DH is not going to London. ;-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Weird BM question.. Tori M. General 1 July 15th 04 12:49 AM
weird dream last night Stephanie and Tim Pregnancy 3 August 4th 03 07:59 PM
Feeling a little silly... (a tad graphic...sorry!) Shelly Pregnancy 6 July 30th 03 07:49 PM
nice warm fuzzy feeling EASTER BUNNY Pregnancy 0 July 12th 03 06:24 AM