Prob been asked, but about choosing schools..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 9th 03, 01:49 AM
lizzard woman

Default Prob been asked, but about choosing schools..

"Mary E" wrote in message
Where do I go for statistics about schools in my area? I've got 8 private
grade schools (son will be starting kindergarten next year) that would

work
for me as far as location and reputation (that I know of) is concerned. I
also know student to teacher ratio and enrollment figures.

You have *8* private grade schools near you??? Let me guess... you live in
either Florida, Mississippi, or Louisiana, si?

What I need to know is how the students perform. How does the teaching
stack up against other schools locally and nationally?

I have a small amount of experience with private school in Puerto Rico but
that is a different world is oh so many ways. That school published the
college acceptances but I have never seen them publish results form
standardized test scores. I would imagine that a provate school should be
very willing to show you the average, median, etc. test scores from their
students on standardzed tests which you can then compare to published scores
for your public school district, city, state, and country.

Is there any place I can get this information for private schools?

Thanks a bunch - this is SO important!

Good luck.

--
sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)