The right choice?

Old August 18th 04, 12:59 PM
xfredwx

Default The right choice?

This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16 and I just found out what really happened to me. I was
circumcised, and yeah, my parents never bothered to tell me that or
tell me why they had it done, and I don't feel comfortable asking
them. Thanks to the internet I got to find out on my own.

I feel sooo violated and sooo angry at them. I honestly can't believe
they let someone do this to me. They actually let someone strap me
down when I was at my most defenseless and most vulnerable and rob me
of normal, functional genitalia. Why didn't they protect me? Why did
they betray me?

Maybe this doesn't matter to most of you, but it matters to me. The
vast majority of men in the world are intact and get to take their
normal, functional organs for granted, but because my parents didn't
give ****, mine got mutilated. I'll never ever get to experience it.
They denied me that, and for what?

I really don't trust them anymore. I have difficulty reconciling these
emotions. If they are my parents and they love me, why would they let
this happen to me? Were they ignorant? Or did they know full well what
they were doing and go ahead anyway to make me "look like daddy" like
I'm some ****ing piece of property instead of person? I honestly don't
know, and I'm not sure I want to.

Now I'm stuck this way for the rest of my life. Great. I'd really like
to forgive them, but I don't think I ever can.

I understand you all want what's best for your children and there's
lots of decisions you'll have to make for them, but this is certainly
not one of them. Please, please, please let him decide what he wants
to do with his body. He's only in your care for a few years, and if
you do this to him he will be STUCK THAT WAY FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE
and if he doesn't like it HE WILL HATE YOU!

The thought of another guy finding this out and having to feel the way
I do right now makes me sick. Please let your son choose!
Old August 18th 04, 01:33 PM
Jeff

Can you please take you anticircumsicm debate stuff the news groups who
care?

Jeff

Old August 18th 04, 03:25 PM
Byron Canfield

"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16

I doubt it. Mentally, perhaps (or less).

Old August 19th 04, 01:26 AM
db

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message
"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16

I doubt it. Mentally, perhaps (or less).

I don't think he'd appreciate it that you snipped his post.

(sorry)

Old August 19th 04, 02:16 AM
xfredwx

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message news:JFJUc.31236$mD.23944@attbi_s02...
"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16

I doubt it. Mentally, perhaps (or less).

What is your problem?
Old August 19th 04, 02:21 AM
xfredwx

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
Can you please take you anticircumsicm debate stuff the news groups who
care?

Jeff

Ok, I'm sorry, this probably should not have been crossposted to the
misc.kids.health group, but I'm just trying to warn current parents
and expecting parents not to do this and let their son decide.
Old August 20th 04, 04:22 PM
Byron Canfield

"db" wrote in message ...

"Byron Canfield" wrote in message
"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16

I doubt it. Mentally, perhaps (or less).

I don't think he'd appreciate it that you snipped his post.

LOL! And when he's obviously without the means to make an intelligent
choice -- what a shame!

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old August 20th 04, 04:22 PM
Byron Canfield

"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
"Byron Canfield" wrote in message

"xfredwx" wrote in message
m...
This isn't exactly easy for me to say, but I feel like I have to.

I'm 16

I doubt it. Mentally, perhaps (or less).

What is your problem?

I have no problem. You're problem, on the other hand (the one that's NOT
already in your pants) seems to be a lack of something better to do than
troll the newsgroups with inflammatory nonsense.