This one doesn't confuse beating ...

Old December 11th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Default This one doesn't confuse beating ...

.... with spanking, boys.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut

Pity he's not here to wake you up to the facts.

People are still beating children and getting away with it.

Make you happy, does it?

0:-

Old December 12th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default CT Minister SUES Cops who busted him for SPANKING!

0:- wrote:
... with spanking, boys.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut

Pity he's not here to wake you up to the facts.

People are still beating children and getting away with it.

Make you happy, does it?

0:-

The NEWS STORY sure does! It's FABULOUS!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut
Minister suing police December 11, 2006, 7:05 AM EST

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)_ A former New Haven minister who said he was
upholding God's law when he beat two children with a belt because they
disobeyed their mother is suing the police officers who arrested him.

The Rev. Walter Oliver had been charged with assault and risk-of-injury
charges in 2001, but a Superior Court jury acquitted him of the charges
three years ago.

The lawsuit filed last month in U.S. District Court claims false
arrest, malicious prosecution and the violation of his constitutional
right to exercise religion.

Oliver's attorney, Norm Pattis, argues in the lawsuit that the police
warrant failed to acknowledge that Oliver's administration of corporal
punishment to disobedient children, in the eyes of many people, is
proper and an accepted religious practice.

"A bunch of politically correct goons have decided that you can't spank
a child without going to jail," Pattis said Friday.

Police got involved when a pair of boys from West Haven, then 11 and
12, reported the spankings to the Department of Children and Families.
The corporal punishment happened in New Haven, so the case was
transferred here.

The lawsuit names New Haven Detective Benjamin Alma and West Haven
Detective Marvin Kasowitz as defendants.

It took a six-member jury about 1 1/2 hours on Nov. 10, 2003 to find
Oliver not guilty of two counts of risk of injury to a minor and two
counts of third-degree assault for hitting the boys.

Oliver acknowledged he administered what he calls "holy spankings,"
with the permission of the boys' mother, acting under biblical advice.

He beat his own sons, he said, and they grew up to be productive
members of society.

"If you beat him, he will not die, but you will save his soul from
hell," Oliver said, quoting from the book of Proverbs.

Old December 12th 06, 02:57 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
[email protected]

Haha Greg, you and Norm Pattis would get along well. You are both
dangerous whackjobs. Notice in the article the word dicipline is not
mentioned but the word BEATINGS is. Beating is a word that is used
negatively in regards to violence. Spousal beating (sound familiar
Greg?), child beating, etc. Not physical dicipline but BEATINGS. I
don't think you would walk into a court of law and say, 'Your honor, I
beat my girlfriend's daughter. Arrest me now so I can make a capital
case of it' or would you?

Old December 12th 06, 03:03 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan

wrote:
Haha Greg, you and Norm Pattis would get along well. You are both
dangerous whackjobs. Notice in the article the word dicipline is not
mentioned but the word BEATINGS is. Beating is a word that is used
negatively in regards to violence. Spousal beating (sound familiar
Greg?), child beating, etc. Not physical dicipline but BEATINGS. I
don't think you would walk into a court of law and say, 'Your honor, I
beat my girlfriend's daughter. Arrest me now so I can make a capital
case of it' or would you?

Only if he could sue somebody afterward$.

Old December 12th 06, 06:51 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
[email protected]

Dan Sullivan wrote:

Only if he could sue somebody afterward$.

And show the world that he can teach a cat to do tricks while he's at
it?

Old December 12th 06, 08:14 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

0:- wrote:
... with spanking, boys.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut

Pity he's not here to wake you up to the facts.

People are still beating children and getting away with it.

Make you happy, does it?

0:-

I LOVE BEATING MY CHILDREN IT MAKES ME FEEL MORE OF A TRANSEXUAL BEING

Old December 12th 06, 08:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

0:- wrote:
... with spanking, boys.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut

Pity he's not here to wake you up to the facts.

People are still beating children and getting away with it.

Make you happy, does it?

0:-

BEATING MY CHILDREN BRINGS SO MUCH JOY TO MY LIFE

Old December 12th 06, 08:16 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

wrote:
0:- wrote:
... with spanking, boys.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-apconnecticut

Pity he's not here to wake you up to the facts.

People are still beating children and getting away with it.

Make you happy, does it?

0:-

BEATING MY CHILDREN BRINGS SO MUCH JOY TO MY LIFE

FORGOT TO SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE RAPING THEM LAWL

Old December 12th 06, 09:42 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

I see you're all very interested in
talking about the Miinister's law suit!
So why'd you bring it up?

Old December 12th 06, 09:45 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

I see you're all anxious to talk about
the Minister's suit against the cops.
Why did Kane post the news story anyway?