NIP Twins??

Old February 24th 04, 09:21 AM
Ellie

Default NIP Twins??

How do you ladies manage NIP with twins - or don't you? At home I feed them
both together - but this involves lots of strategic placing of cushions and
positioning. To feed them seperately whilst out would take forever - they
are not fast feeders.

I have got a sling but can't for the life of me get the hang of it! I can
only think to look for a small hand pump to take out with me to express milk
and bottle feed it (I haven't got a great freezer stash).

TIA

Ellie

Old February 24th 04, 09:33 AM
Anne Rogers

How do you ladies manage NIP with twins - or don't you? At home I feed them
both together - but this involves lots of strategic placing of cushions and
positioning. To feed them seperately whilst out would take forever - they
are not fast feeders.

I have got a sling but can't for the life of me get the hang of it! I can
only think to look for a small hand pump to take out with me to express milk
and bottle feed it (I haven't got a great freezer stash).

where in public were you thinking?

I have used a sling for feeding one, but the problem is it would block
access to the other breast, so I don't think that is going to help you.

I would imagine that pumping then bottle feeding is even more tricky to
manage, particularly if you are alone.

Sorry this is not much help, my friend who has twins says she new a woman
who did manage to NIP with twins, but I think that was when they were
older so they could support themselves a bit.

Old February 24th 04, 11:26 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"Ellie" wrote in message

How do you ladies manage NIP with twins - or don't you?

At home I feed them
both together - but this involves lots of strategic

placing of cushions and
positioning. To feed them seperately whilst out would

take forever - they
are not fast feeders.

If I was somewhere that had a couch (like at a meeting or
something) I'd commandeer it and feed them one the normal
way and one the football hold and put my changing bag under
the body of the underarm baby to support her weight.
If I was in town shopping I would feed them one at a time.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old February 24th 04, 04:35 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Ellie wrote:

How do you ladies manage NIP with twins - or don't you? At home I feed them
both together - but this involves lots of strategic placing of cushions and
positioning. To feed them seperately whilst out would take forever - they
are not fast feeders.

I have got a sling but can't for the life of me get the hang of it! I can
only think to look for a small hand pump to take out with me to express milk
and bottle feed it (I haven't got a great freezer stash).

I had a small inflatable nursing pillow that I kept in my diaper bag. I
would only inflate it about 2/3 way to get the best position with it. I
mostly NIP in my car because it was easier and I didn't have to worry
about "showing the girls" IYKWIM. When they were smaller, I did nurse
in restaurants and furniture display areas, but they would let me cover
myself with a blanket. As they got older they would pull the blanket off.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...elected=782084

~ Harriet Martineau

Old February 24th 04, 11:57 PM
Larry McMahan

They most both still be quite small. It gets a lot easier when they can
nurse standing up (them, not you!).

Larry

Ellie writes:
: How do you ladies manage NIP with twins - or don't you? At home I feed them
: both together - but this involves lots of strategic placing of cushions and
: positioning. To feed them seperately whilst out would take forever - they
: are not fast feeders.

: I have got a sling but can't for the life of me get the hang of it! I can
: only think to look for a small hand pump to take out with me to express milk
: and bottle feed it (I haven't got a great freezer stash).

: TIA

: Ellie

: --

Old February 25th 04, 12:07 AM
H Schinske

Larry ) wrote:

They most both still be quite small. It gets a lot easier when they can
nurse standing up (them, not you!).

Ha, ha. Seriously, when they get so they take only five or ten minutes to
nurse, and the other one will sit playing with toys, it's not so bad.

I still never nursed them in public unless I had someone else there to keep an
eye on the other one. I think I was a little too rigid about it, though. The
inflatable nursing pillow sounds like a good idea. I had only one nursing
pillow and it was pretty huge, it would have been a little embarrassing to take
into a cafe.

--Helen
Old February 25th 04, 08:25 AM
Ellie

I had a small inflatable nursing pillow that I kept in my diaper bag. I
would only inflate it about 2/3 way to get the best position with it. I
mostly NIP in my car because it was easier and I didn't have to worry
about "showing the girls" IYKWIM. When they were smaller, I did nurse
in restaurants and furniture display areas, but they would let me cover
myself with a blanket. As they got older they would pull the blanket off.

The inflatable pillow sounds good - I'll look in to that! We're now at the
stage where they are pulling blankets off and generally wriggling around!
I'll be glad when they get to the stage of nursing for around 10 mins. At
the moment if I nursed them both seperately I might as well not go out, so
it's mostly quick trips between feeds.

Thanks

Ellie

Old February 25th 04, 08:27 AM
Ellie

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
They most both still be quite small. It gets a lot easier when they can
nurse standing up (them, not you!).

Larry

I must be tired - that really startled me for a minute Larry! Yes they are
nearly 5 months old, so still only little ones.

Ellie

Old February 25th 04, 12:23 PM
Anne Rogers

The inflatable pillow sounds good - I'll look in to that! We're now at the
stage where they are pulling blankets off and generally wriggling around!
I'll be glad when they get to the stage of nursing for around 10 mins. At
the moment if I nursed them both seperately I might as well not go out, so
it's mostly quick trips between feeds.

warning, it may never happen, my experience is that slow feeders remain
slow feeders, ds still usually takes half an hour, which is down from the
50 minutes it used to take, but not the 10mins flat that I've heard about!

Old February 25th 04, 08:58 PM
H Schinske

warning, it may never happen, my experience is that slow feeders remain
slow feeders, ds still usually takes half an hour, which is down from the
50 minutes it used to take, but not the 10mins flat that I've heard about!

My daughters used to hang out at the breast for quite long periods (admittedly
I encouraged this when they were tiny -- they were happy, I could read, what's
not to like about hour-long nursing sessions?), and did go down to quite short
nursings somewhere in the second half of the first year.

My son was a speed nurser, even as a newborn, he would never nurse for more
than 20 minutes or so at a stretch. On the other hand, he got to be fed
*totally* on demand (unlike his sisters, who were on a demand-based routine of
sorts -- *not* a strict schedule), so he snacked more.

--Helen