Tummy question

Old February 8th 06, 06:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Tummy question

Anonymama wrote:
In article .com,
" wrote:

The 30 pounds I put on in the last week did quite a number on the skin.

!!!

I missed that. How did that happen?

Oh, just the severe pre-eclampsia, of course. I was almost in renal
failure, and so had a fluid restriction during the last 48 hours in the
hospital because I really wasn't peeing much. After they catheterized
me they had to dump the bag once during the first two days. PE has
quite a tendency to shut down the kidneys, hence the association with
abnormal swelling/ weight gain -- quite a few women on the PF boards
have permanent kidney damage, even. Best medical explanation at the
moment -- the sFlt-1 protein that gets dumped by the placenta when it
gets hypoxic (because it's too small/ impaired to deliver enough blood
to the baby) gets out into the maternal circulation and damages the
kidneys.

My kidneys kicked back on about a week after delivery, at which point I
started diuresing, which took about another week to finish, so I got my
ankles back two weeks postpartum. :-)

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old February 9th 06, 07:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

It took a few months to get down to my pre-bump weight. Now, at 7
months pp I am 8lbs under my pre-bump weight. This is purely due bf'ing
and running up and down the stairs soothing a baby that doesn't sleep
well. My tummy looks pretty much as it did before, a round mound, but
just a little softer than before. I guess toning would sort that out to
some extent but I like exercise more in principle than practice

Jeni

Question for Dr. Sarah Vaughan Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 5 October 25th 04 10:14 PM
| Can Kane provide Jerry with the Embry study? Kane Spanking 29 April 17th 04 05:02 AM
Another child killed in kincare Kane Spanking 26 February 17th 04 05:30 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM