Child with behavior problems

Old January 23rd 07, 07:32 PM posted to misc.kids
stasya

Default Child with behavior problems

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:42:57 +0000 (UTC), in misc.kids enigma
wrote:

wrote in
:

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:14:11 -0500, in misc.kids "Knit
Chic" wrote:

I would suggest seeing a real psychologist .. not a school
psychologist. IME every school psychologist that we have
seen has been worthless.

Then they risk having their get labeled and drugged for
life.

no they don't.
i was DX'd by a school psychologist as schizophrenic/manic-
depressive. i'm not any of that. i am autistic.
the school psychologist wanted my parents to remove me from
the public schools & put me in an institution. yeah, that
would have been a real good idea
a real psychologist, especially a pediatric developmental
one, will be far less half-baked than anyone working for the
school system. it's the school psychs that push the drugs.
lee

The psychologist will milk money from the family for a few years then say they
can't help and refer to a psychiatrist who will label and drug.

Also being autistic is just too trendy right now for me to take anyone seriously
when they say they have it. You should not even be here having a conversation
if you are truly autistic in the classic sense of the word.

How about you go read up on autism and Asperger's syndrome before you
go spouting off about how trendy it is. Where are your credentials in
developmental behavior, psychiatry, psychology, medicine or *anything*
that would qualify you as to write off *any* condition that someone you
don't even know says they (no doubt having been diagnosed by someone
with more brains in their left boot than you) have? (Holy run-on
sentence...sorry!) Oh it's trendy! Oh more people have it nowadays?
Maybe *cancer* is trendy! Maybe cancer patients shouldn't be labelled
and drugged! Or Alzheimers, or anemia, hell maybe even peanut allergies
are entirely too ****ing *trendy* for you to accept. Go educate
yourself before you belittle and **** on people on something you
obviously know **** all about.

(Yes...I swear. A lot. Get over it. I own and work in a redneck bar.
And I have a 3 yo son who's been recently been seeing a team of people
with degrees who know he has developmental problems, and *may* be
autistic. OH MY GOD! *No one* has mentioned drugs. In fact, *no one*
has mentioned money!)

Get a life

Stasya (who takes bull**** from no one....anymore)

Old January 24th 07, 06:11 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article ,
enigma wrote:

whoo hoo! i'm trendy now! that's a first in 52 years.
it's also bull**** that all autistics are unable to
communicate, are anti-social (ok, i am that) & sit in corners
drooling.

You forgot rocking ;-)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old January 24th 07, 12:15 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

Chookie wrote in

:

In article ,
enigma wrote:

whoo hoo! i'm trendy now! that's a first in 52 years.
it's also bull**** that all autistics are unable to
communicate, are anti-social (ok, i am that) & sit in
corners drooling.

You forgot rocking ;-)

and hand flapping. have you tried it?
and rocking chairs apparently are socially acceptable. i love
rocking chairs.
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old January 24th 07, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Coming from someone studying to become a school psychologist, I find it
appalling that ALL school psychologists are being classified as someone
who doesn't know what they are doing. I am going to an amazing school
with wonderful school psychologist who believe that a child should not
be labeled at all if possible. With that being said....

Research your child's school psychologist if there is one. If you meet
with her and don't feel like she is "getting you", then I would suggest
trying something else. A school psychologist can be a wonderful FREE
resource without having to go spend thousands elsewhere.

Also, not all school psychologists are itching to give a child a label.
There are wonderful things called Functional Behavior Assessment Plans
and Behavior Intervention Plans that are used for regular education
students with behavioral problems. Then the school psychologist works
with the teacher (and ideally the parent) to enforce these
interventions in the classroom and at home.

Anyway, bottom line... Check out these things before you start looking
for special schools for your children to attend. Once a child is
labeled, it sticks with them forever so you have to think of how things
will be way down the line in the child's life

On Jan 20, 11:19*am, Angel Toledo wrote:
Hi,

I have a 5 year old with behavioral problems. I wouldn't say he's
hyperactive, but he love throwing tantrums in school, in stores, at
home. Just about anywhere. He's driving my wife an I crazy. We were
wondering if there is special school for kids with behavioral issues. We
live in Queens, NY, and although chances are slim that someone in this
newsgroup would know specifically of any schools in our area, we would
like to know what to look for. What questions should we be asking? Or is
it just a matter of parenting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old January 25th 07, 04:44 PM posted to misc.kids
stasya

On Jan 23, 8:17 pm, wrote:
On 23 Jan 2007 11:32:41 -0800, in misc.kids "stasya" wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:42:57 +0000 (UTC), in misc.kids enigma
wrote:

wrote in
:

Chic" wrote:

[...]

Stasya (who takes bull**** from no one....anymore)Oh ok everyone is an idiot savant now. Must be something in the water. I could

not possibly be due to good marketing on the part of pharmacuetical companies.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Oddly enough, my son hasn't displayed any 'idiot savant' tendencies. So
you can toss that preconception right out along with all your other
pre-conceived notions of mental imbalances.

Stasya