Crossing fingers....

Old November 18th 06, 04:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
stasya

Default Crossing fingers....

My ten and a half month old baby finally slept through the night! Yay!
After months and months of up to half a dozen nursings throughout the
night, she's finally making it out to 6 am before waking up, being
nursed, and snoozing until 7 or 8. Just recently, I've (sleepily)
noticed that she hadn't been waking up quite as often. Then last night
her dad took her to sleep with him, and without my distracting presence
and smell, she made it through.

There is hope at the end of the tunnel!

Stasya

Old November 18th 06, 06:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
determined

"stasya" wrote in message
ups.com...
My ten and a half month old baby finally slept through the night! Yay!
After months and months of up to half a dozen nursings throughout the
night, she's finally making it out to 6 am before waking up, being
nursed, and snoozing until 7 or 8. Just recently, I've (sleepily)
noticed that she hadn't been waking up quite as often. Then last night
her dad took her to sleep with him, and without my distracting presence
and smell, she made it through.

There is hope at the end of the tunnel!

Stasya

Oh, then there is hope for us after all... Emily is 11.5 months old now,
and still wakes at least 4 times a night. Last night she refused to sleep
until 9:30pm, although I had her in bed with soothing music by 8pm. For an
hour and a half I fought her kicking and screaming until she was ready to
sleep. Then she woke up every couple hours, either to fuss, or because she
seriously wanted to drink. Then she woke up this morning at 7:30am.

I think I'm going to lose it. I don't even know where to begin to correct
this!

Old November 19th 06, 12:55 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Notchalk

On 2006-11-19 02:46:12 +0800, "determined" said:

"stasya" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Ick. I understand. All I can say is that sometimes it sorts itself
out. Just now at nearly 18 months Will is sleeping from 7:30ish until
about 4am, at which time he has a BIG breastfeed (BOTH sides - wow!),
then back to sleep until only 6am, then up. He will often still wake
at his usual 11pm, but sometimes doesn't need help getting back to
sleep. He used to be every 2 or 3 hours awake at night, though, until
the last month or two.

It is a really tough time, and relationships can suffer for it. It is
very hard knowing whether to do anything about it, suck it up and live
with it, or whether doing something would work at all. It is also very
hard not knowing how long it will last.

Hang in there, grab as much nap time as you can, get regular exercise
and sunshine, love your baby, and know that this too, shall pass

*hugs*

Jo
--
Woman, Wife, Mother, Midwife