Sippy cups

Old December 3rd 06, 06:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
.oO rach Oo.

Default Sippy cups

We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard for
her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other drips
too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old December 3rd 06, 07:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:49:29 -0500, ".oO rach Oo."
wrote:

We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard for
her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other drips
too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

Walmart sells one called "Nuby". It comes in several colors, is
pretty easy to handle and the valves can be inserted as fast flow or
slow flow. We've been using them for several years.

Nan
Old December 3rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Fer

wrote:

We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for
her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other drips
too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

Walmart sells one called "Nuby". It comes in several colors, is
pretty easy to handle and the valves can be inserted as fast flow or
slow flow. We've been using them for several years.

Nan

'Nuby' also carries a soft spout sippy cup. We had success with that one at
a yougn age.

Jenn

Old December 4th 06, 01:23 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Engram

"Fer" wrote in message

"Nan" wrote in message
Walmart sells one called "Nuby". It comes in several colors, is
pretty easy to handle and the valves can be inserted as fast flow or
slow flow. We've been using them for several years.

Nan

'Nuby' also carries a soft spout sippy cup. We had success with that one
at a yougn age.

Jenn

We've been using the Nuby soft spout with Matt and it's been great. The one
thing that's not that great is that when he's teething he tends to bite down
on the soft spout and the valves get chewed out, making it drip. They're
cheap, though, so not a problem to replace the leaky ones.

A lot of my friends got their kids onto cups with straws that can be hidden
with a kind of hood. I don't know what the cups called but they've had
pretty good success with them, even around 12 months of age. Again, the
straw tends to get chewed, but I don't know how they deal with that, never
having used those cups myself.

Kasia

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Matthew 21 June 2005
Lara 13 Oct 2006

Check out our family at
http://www.geocities.com/engram_au/

Old December 4th 06, 03:07 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other
drips too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

--
.oO rach Oo.

It might help to mention which ones you've tried. We use Platex and Gerber.

Also, I gave my girls sippy cups with water first, and took out the valve,
so they got the hang of it, and it didn't matter if the spilled on
themselves or the carpet.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old December 4th 06, 09:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Jamie Clark wrote:
".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other
drips too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

--
.oO rach Oo.

It might help to mention which ones you've tried. We use Platex and Gerber.

Also, I gave my girls sippy cups with water first, and took out the valve,
so they got the hang of it, and it didn't matter if the spilled on
themselves or the carpet.

We did something similar. DS couldn't get the hang of squeezing the
nipply bit to get the water out so we took the valve out and sort of
tipped it down him. We switched to the Tommy Tippee cups as they were
easier for him to hold and haven't looked back. He still chucks it on
the table but that's just for fun!.

Jeni

Old December 4th 06, 05:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
.oO rach Oo.

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
. ..
".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other
drips too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

--
.oO rach Oo.

It might help to mention which ones you've tried. We use Platex and
Gerber.

Also, I gave my girls sippy cups with water first, and took out the valve,
so they got the hang of it, and it didn't matter if the spilled on
themselves or the carpet.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys -- 01/03/03
Addison Grace -- 09/30/04

One is just a cheap one that came with a plate set. The other is an Avent.
The Avent is the one that is hard to get stuff out of.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Old January 15th 07, 05:45 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

wrote:

We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for
her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other drips
too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

Walmart sells one called "Nuby". It comes in several colors, is
pretty easy to handle and the valves can be inserted as fast flow or
slow flow. We've been using them for several years.

Nan

I think this is the brand my daughter used as well. She only ever really
liked and used one kind, we wasted a lot of brands trying but I think Nuby
is the one we used. After she graduated from this sippy cup, which is
actually more like a bottle, she uses those First Years Take and Toss
plastic cups with lids and separate straws. Those things are great- they
don't leak and they are tossable but you can use one for quite awhile before
it gets worn around the lid. She still uses those.

But yeah, I think Nuby is the sippy cup she used, it's closer to a bottle
(she was breastfed and never used any actual feeding bottles)...we would
have to replace them semioften because the valves would get chewed and then
one side would sort of tear open to where the flow would be too fast. I
guess you can replace the valves? But they are so cheap we just replaced the
whole cup...

Old January 15th 07, 05:46 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
blue

wrote:

We are attempting to get our 11 month old on sippy cups. One is too hard
for
her to get her juice out (low flow) and is a bit awkward. The other drips
too fast. Does anyone have their recommendations of the best cup?

Thanks

Walmart sells one called "Nuby". It comes in several colors, is
pretty easy to handle and the valves can be inserted as fast flow or
slow flow. We've been using them for several years.

Nan

'Nuby' also carries a soft spout sippy cup. We had success with that one
at a yougn age.

Jenn

Maybe THIS is the Nuby we used---it had a very soft spout and was more like
a bottle than a cup? Then we graduated to the First Years Take and Toss cups
with the lids and straws..she never would use the other Take and Toss sippy
cups...only the ones with lids and straws, not just the lid with the built
in sipper.

Transitioning 1 yr old to sippy cups Leigh McCuen General 7 May 25th 04 05:10 PM
Sippy Cups... Jamie Clark Pregnancy 22 May 6th 04 04:47 PM
Advice needed pls. 1yr old still chokes using sippy cups Idas General 7 November 27th 03 04:26 PM
x-small sippy cups! Corrine General 4 October 28th 03 07:38 PM
x-small sippy cups!! Corrine Breastfeeding 1 October 26th 03 08:09 PM