Rib fracture and shoulder dystocia? (also: LMS Medical and Harvard Henry)

Old November 29th 06, 07:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Rib fracture and shoulder dystocia? (also: LMS Medical and Harvard Henry)

RIB FRACTURE AND SHOULDER DYSTOCIA?

See Durani and DePiero [2006] below.

First this...

LMS MEDICAL AND HARVARD HENRY

LMS Medical makes no mention of the fact that semisitting and dorsal
close the birth canal up to 30%. (see below).

Same with LMS's consultant Harvard's Henry Lerner, MD...

Henry's illustration says the COCCYX moves...
http://www.shoulderdystociainfo.com/pelvicanatomy.htm

But Henry fails to mention that the SACRAL TIP moves - a LOT - closing
the birth canal up to 30% if the woman is placed semisitting or dorsal.

This astounding sacroilliac motion was demonstrated clinically early
last century at Johns Hopkins - then radiographically.

Late last century, I published the simple sacroiliac biomechanics and
gave the medical references.

See Gastaldo TD. Birth. 1992;19(4):230-1.

Harvard Henry illustrates a mother having her birth canal senselessly
closed the "extra" up to 30%...
http://www.shoulderdystociainfo.com/whatis.htm

He fails to mention that her birth canal is being senselessly closed
the "extra" up to 30%.

More below.

RIB FRACTURE AND SHOULDER DYSTOCIA?

Durani and DePiero make no mention of shoulder dystocia - but here's
their title...

Images in emergency medicine. Fracture of left clavicle and left
posterior rib due to birth trauma.
Ann Emerg Med. 2006 Feb;47(2):210, 215. Epub 2005 Sep 13. PubMed
abstract
Durani Y,
DePiero AD.
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Alfred I.
duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE, USA

I'll cc Durani and DePiero via Yamini Durani, MD via

OPEN LETTER archived for global access at
http://groups.google.com.

Yamini Durani, MD
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Alfred I.
duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE, USA
via

YAMINI,

If the Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has maternity services it
is likely that MD-obstetricians there are senselessly closing birth
canals up to 30% and senselessly KEEPING birth canals closed the
"extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck.

MD-obstetrician experts have been LYING to cover-up.

For the Four OB Lies (they are whoppers)...

See Dents in babies' skulls"
http://groups.google.com/group/
misc.kids.pregnancy/msg/08abfc7ff242150e

Alternate URL:

Please help stop this MD-obstetrician behavior.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

ALSO: BIRTH POSITION?

James, what position was your daughter in when she actually pushed her
baby out?

Did you see this post?

#### James, you didn't say what position your daughter was in when the baby
came out. As noted above, if she was semisitting or dorsal (most women are),
the birth canal was closed up to 30%.

If they PULLED on the baby¹s head with
your daughter semisitting or dorsal (this too is routine in shoulder
dystocia), then they KEPT the birth canal closed the "extra" up to 30% as they
pulled.

#### In other words, GRUESOME child abuse by MDs is quite common * and it is
not beyond the pale to suggest that MDs are using child protective services to
cover-up child abuse by MDs.

#### Todd

#### Dr. Gastaldo
#### Hillsboro, Oregon