does anyone know the acupressure points to induce labor?

Old December 3rd 05, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default does anyone know the acupressure points to induce labor?

My girlfriend told me her massage therapist induced her labor by massaging
the pressure points, but she couldn't remember exactly where they were.
Does anyone know? Or is this just a wives tale?

Old December 4th 05, 12:11 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hi Oregon

I am not one for inducing labour unless its a must BUT have you tried doing
a google search, if there is such a thing its bound to be on there.

April

Old December 4th 05, 01:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"April & Bump" wrote in message
Hi Oregon

I am not one for inducing labour unless its a must BUT have you tried
doing
a google search, if there is such a thing its bound to be on there.

April

I just don't really believe in most of what I hear about inducing labor at
home - castor oil, herbs, etc. I just wanted to see if anyone else had
experience with accupressure. Anyways, I'm far enough along it doesn't
really matter.

Old December 4th 05, 03:47 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I was 11 days overdue with first baby and went for accupuncture treatment
and labour started shortly after (might have been a coincidence).

The accupuncturist also gave me a fantastic booklet of useful accupressure
points - follow this link...

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/debra_betts/

I'm at nearly 38 weeks and having 3 accupunture appts. prior to due date to
get the cervix 'ripened' etc. etc. and finding it great for treating
heartburn and anxiety. Friends that have had 3 appts. building up to due
date have had great results.

Good luck!

Sarah

Old December 4th 05, 02:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

oregonchick wrote:
My girlfriend told me her massage therapist induced her labor by massaging
the pressure points, but she couldn't remember exactly where they were.
Does anyone know? Or is this just a wives tale?

I read or heard somewhere that pregnant women are supposed to avoid
pedicures, because there's a place on your heel that can cause you to
go into labor if it is rubbed, but I figured it was a bunch of hogwash.
As it was, though, I didn't get my pedicure because I was on bedrest
then went into labor a week early. I'm sure that everyone in the
delivery room was just horrified by my feet. Luckily, I managed to
distract them by having a baby.

Amy

Old November 30th 06, 03:05 AM
Vivianne Vivianne is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonchick
My girlfriend told me her massage therapist induced her labor by massaging
the pressure points, but she couldn't remember exactly where they were.
Does anyone know? Or is this just a wives tale?
Acupressure induces labor, it's not an olds wives tale. There are some reaseach articles suggesting that labor acupressure brings on labor in 70% to 93% of overdue women. I know that there are several acupressure points that induce labor naturally and they are located on the hands, shoulders, lower back and legs. A book that gives instructions how to naturally induce labor yourself with acupressure can be found at http://www.MaternityAcupressure.com. Good luck!
Old November 30th 06, 09:15 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Vivianne wrote:
oregonchick Wrote:
My girlfriend told me her massage therapist induced her labor by
massaging
the pressure points, but she couldn't remember exactly where they
were.
Does anyone know? Or is this just a wives tale?

Acupressure induces labor, it's not an olds wives tale. There are some
reaseach articles suggesting that labor acupressure brings on labor in
70% to 93% of overdue women. I know that there are several acupressure
points that induce labor naturally and they are located on the hands,
shoulders, lower back and legs. A book that gives instructions how to
naturally induce labor yourself with acupressure can be found at
http://www.MaternityAcupressure.com. Good luck!

Umm.... unless I missed an annoucement I think she might have already
had a her baby by now!

Jeni

Old November 30th 06, 01:33 PM

Vivianne wrote:
oregonchick Wrote:
My girlfriend told me her massage therapist induced her labor by
massaging
the pressure points, but she couldn't remember exactly where they
were.
Does anyone know? Or is this just a wives tale?

Acupressure induces labor, it's not an olds wives tale. There are some
reaseach articles suggesting that labor acupressure brings on labor in
70% to 93% of overdue women. I know that there are several acupressure
points that induce labor naturally and they are located on the hands,
shoulders, lower back and legs. A book that gives instructions how to
naturally induce labor yourself with acupressure can be found at
http://www.MaternityAcupressure.com. Good luck!

Umm.... unless I missed an annoucement I think she might have already
had a her baby by now!

Jeni
Yes, that seems to be so. Anyhow, did you find this post by searching natural ways to induce labor? If so, I hope it was helpful to you. Or hopefully someone else looking for natural labor inducing remedies comes across this reply and notices that MaternityAcupressure.com provides more information about labor acupressure.

Kind regards,
Vivianne