Baby strangling: Dr. Perlman, don't forget POSTpartum asphyxia!

Old November 30th 06, 03:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.health.alternative,sci.med
[email protected]

Default Baby strangling: Dr. Perlman, don't forget POSTpartum asphyxia!

BABY STRANGLING: DR. PERLMAN, DON'T FORGET **POST**PARTUM ASPHYXIA!

OPEN LETTER archived for global access, see below.

Jeffrey M. Perlman, M.B.Ch.B., FAAP
Director
Attending Neonatologist
Professor of Pediatrics
Cornell University
Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Research interests: Newborn Neurologic problems, Newborn Resuscitation
Telephone: (212) 746-3530
VIA

Jeff,

You recently asked whether there is a link between INTRApartum asphyxia
and cerebral palsy. [Intrapartum asphyxia and cerebral palsy: is there
a link? Perlman JM. Clin Perinatol. 2006 Jun;33(2):335-53. PubMed
abstract.]

George Malcolm Morley, MBChB, FACOG thinks there is a link between
cerebral palsy and blood loss/hypovolemia caused by POSTpartum
asphyxia/amputation of the placenta ("immediate cord clamping"):

"Cerebral Palsy (CP) is only the tip of an enormous iceberg of
birth-brain injury."
http://www.cordclamp.com/HyperbaricLect-2.htm

George once wrote to me: "...you want me to report child abuse, when
strangling has been immediately
corrected and prevented in every case by lung ventilation?" (Hey, WAIT
a minute - maybe George does NOT think immediate cord clamping is
causing cerebral palsy? See George's incredible post, reproduced
below.)

Jeff, I think infliction of asphyxiation/blood loss on a baby should be
reported as suspected child abuse REGARDLESS whether "the strangling
has been immediately corrected and prevented in every case by lung
ventilation."

And I don't think George should be encouraging obstetricians to
temporarily
strangle babies (without cutting the cord) - to help them understand
that they shouldn't rob babies of
up to 50% of their blood volume. See below.

What do you think?

Please help stop the mass baby blood robbery by MD-obstetricians.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

PS George may still be encouraging his baby strangling experiment (no
blood loss). Anyone know?

BEGIN excerpt of Michigan Baby Strangler George Malcolm Morley, MB ChB FACOG

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....9cc63d40e93ef8

MICHIGAN BABY STRANGLER GEORGE MALCOLM MORLEY, MB ChB FACOG

GEORGE IS A "NICE" BABY STRANGLER - HE MEANS WELL...

George Malcolm Morley, MB ChB FACOG admitted strangling babies (see
below) -
but said it was OK because he only TEMPORARILY strangled babies...

Michigan Baby Strangler George encourages OTHER obstetricians to
temporarily
strangle babies - to help them understand that they shouldn't rob
babies of
up to 50% of their blood volume.

HERE IS MICHIGAN BABY STRANGLER GEORGE RECOMMENDING **TEMPORARY** BABY
STRANGLING...

"[T]he umbilical cord [is] immediately closed between finger and
thumb...The
[fetal heart rate/FHR] will decelerate quickly to about 60 bpm...the
color
will change from purple-pink (normal at birth) to pallid blue
(vaso-constriction and asphyxia.)...Few midwives or obstetricians will
be
able to observe, without interference, a deep, prolonged FHR
deceleration on
a non-breathing newborn for a period of 60 seconds. Common sense will
soon
release the finger and thumb."
http://www.cordclamping.com/acog-cp.htm

[Common sense should stop this bizarre child abuse experiment.]

EARTH TO MICHIGAN BABY STRANGLER GEORGE: Please apologize on your
www.cordclamping.com website for encouraging the temporary strangling
of
babies. (You might also apologize to Kelly for that insensitive
abomination
you sent her.)

George, encouraging the temporarily strangling of babies was SORT of a
nice
thing to do - but the acceptable (MANDATORY) way to stop your fellow
obstetricians from robbing babies of up to 50% of blood volume is to
REPORT
IT AS CHILD ABUSE - AND ENCOURAGE OTHER MEDICAL DOCTORS TO REPORT.

Same goes for the OTHER mass child (and adult) abuse being committed by
your
fellow obstetricians - like senselessly slicing infant penises en masse
and
seneslessly slicing adult vaginas en masse - and closing birth canals
up to
30% and keeping birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies
get
stuck, etc.

See ACOG's 2005 edition: How NOT to birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

See also: RNs: 'Stitches, episiotomy, and postpartum complications'
(Maternal care
learning needs)

(Note: If the URLs don't work, make sure there are no spaces.)

USENETTERS: Here is Michigan Baby Strangler George's admission of baby

strangling....

Note how Michigan Baby Strangler George admits he is protecting his
fellow
obstetricians - as he in effect accuses ME of perpetuating baby
strangling
(and baby blood robbery) because I want to use the child abuse laws to
stop
it...

Most bizarre....

My comments are interspersed #####