One of those days

Old November 4th 04, 10:43 AM
Jenrose

Default One of those days

When I went to bed yesterday morning, I noticed I was feeling crampier than
usual. Usually this goes away when I lie down, so I don't worry about it
much.

It didn't go away.

So after a while I checked my cervix. Normally, not pg, it feels like
"puckered lips"... tight, firm like the tip of a nose, no discernable
opening. Pregnant, it's bigger and squishier, feels more like softly
puckered lips--sort of like the difference between a cheerio and a big
squashy donut.

This felt like a wide, close-lipped smile. Now I think baby tends to spend
most of its time transverse right now, and rarely sits *on* my cervix, but
if I was guessing, I'd say that the "smile" was about 3-4 cm wide and the
usual "lip" was not noticable. ****.

I had my husband go get me a glass of water with magnesium citrate in it,
and a half glass of mead (probably 2 ounces, the stuff is homebrew and
probably about as "kicky" as a beer, ounce for ounce), and called my
midwife, who concurred with my prescription (lots of fluid, lots of
minerals, a bit of alcohol, rest) and added in an herb.

Then I went to sleep.

When I woke up, cramping was gone and cervix was back to normal.

I've managed to be sitting up most of the afternoon and evening without any
noticable change, so I'm going to attribute it to a combination of too much
walking and a whole heck of a lot of stress. We have to decide if I'm okay
to travel to a convention this weekend, which we've been planning on for a
year. We already arranged for a close in room on the ground floor, I can
take elevators, etc... but I have to be able to sit up for a while and walk
a bit. The con will reduce my stress--I *so* need a change of scenery!

Jenrose

Old November 4th 04, 07:36 PM
Leslie

How are you feeling today, Jenrose? I sure hope you can go to your convention,
to help take your mind off things. I know I'm about to go crazy sitting around
here waiting for something to happen!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 5th 04, 07:18 AM
Jenrose

"Leslie" wrote in message
How are you feeling today, Jenrose? I sure hope you can go to your
convention,
to help take your mind off things. I know I'm about to go crazy sitting
around
here waiting for something to happen!

Better. I've got a pseudo-torture device which trades pelvic pressure and
pain for itchy velcro and a sore back, and so I'm able to be up a little
more without feeling like I"m going to keel over. I hate velcro, but I'm
more mobile with The Contraption, so I'm wearing it. (It's a tummy support
thingy that involves a convoluted system of elastic, velcro, straps and
snaps and it does help prevent the round ligament/pubic pain, but itches.)

Jenrose