Laws are temporary.

Old January 4th 06, 06:10 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Laws are temporary.

One of the great lessons that no-spanks and other radical liberals
often make in their references to organized slavery and women's rights
is in failing to acknowledge that a vast collection of laws perpetuated
both slavery and the rights movement. No one in his right mind would
try to enforce fugitive slave laws these days. Yet, these were once
among the most powerful laws in the land.

Other laws have come and gone. It was once illegal to possess
alcoholic beverages. These days, liquor is widely available. Cocaine
and related products were once legal to obtain. Not so these days.
Even the future of the ubiquitous Patriot Act is in limbo. That is the
nature of laws. Someone with the power to do so sees a perceived need
and passes a law. Over time, the attitude of society changes and the
once necessary law is ignored or is replaced by other laws.

The Soviet Union once wrote the equality of women into its
constitution. It was the law of the land that women were equal with
men. That is now longer the case. Like America's fugitive slave laws,
equality of the sexes is no longer enforceable in Russia. It time, it
is the fate of all laws that try to make the world anew.

Old January 4th 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Opinions wrote:
One of the great lessons that no-spanks and other radical liberals
often make in their references to organized slavery and women's rights
is in failing to acknowledge that a vast collection of laws perpetuated
both slavery and the rights movement.

Yes. And you find this strange in what way?

No one in his right mind would
try to enforce fugitive slave laws these days. Yet, these were once
among the most powerful laws in the land.

Mmm.....I'm really impressed with your grasp of logic.

Other laws have come and gone.

Yep.

It was once illegal to possess
alcoholic beverages.

Still is for minors, and in open containers in moving vehicles, and
enough of it inside a person to impede their driving capacity.

These days, liquor is widely available.

Gosh, I hate to remind you, but it was widely available during
prohibition. That's one of the reasons, along with the growth of
organized crime, that the law was appealed.

Tell you what. When the spanking ban comes into law, if organized crime
grows, I'll discuss a repeal with you.

Tell me, have you heard yet of the STM and their providing places to
spank and objects to paddle with? STM? Spanking Teachers Mafia, of
course.

Cocaine
and related products were once legal to obtain. Not so these days.

Oh? I can get lots of various drugs legally. No problem as long as my
conditions warrants and a doctor agrees.

The laws still work.

Even the future of the ubiquitous Patriot Act is in limbo. That is the
nature of laws.

Sure is. We tend to have the ones we want, ignore the ones we don't,
and society moves right along.

Just as we wanted one to end slavery forever in this country, and to
enfranchise women, we want one to give the same protection from assault
to children that adults enjoy.

Someone with the power to do so sees a perceived need
and passes a law.

"Someone?" You mean someone with the assigned power by vote of the
people and subject to intense lobbying? That would be correct. Notice
we vote, and we lobby. And there are more of us all the time.

Over time, the attitude of society changes and the
once necessary law is ignored or is replaced by other laws.

Yep. That assault laws do not extend to chidlren in full is just such
an instance.

Tell you what. When the spanking ban law comes into effect if it's ever
not needed, I'll be the first to ignore it. Of course that will mean
parents have stopped assaulting their children.

The Soviet Union once wrote the equality of women into its
constitution. It was the law of the land that women were equal with
men. That is now longer the case. Like America's fugitive slave laws,
equality of the sexes is no longer enforceable in Russia. It time, it
is the fate of all laws that try to make the world anew.

You ran this one by before.

Tell us, because more and more banks open, making the opportunity for
bank robbery more likely, and thus the law against it less effective,
shall we repeal those laws?

No, lil 'o' you've once again made an utter and complete ass of
yourself.

Just as other countries have shown, anti-CP laws work to lower the
incident of CP. Other issues, even if related, come under other laws.

An anti-CP law is primarily for one thing. To end the assault of
children under color of parental rights to 'discipline.'

That they still will is not in question, nor that some parents will in
fact beat their children and otherwise abuse them.

This law will be for one purpose, and it's coming. All the hysteria you
can muster here, and the rapidly diminishing public rhetoric in favor
of child assualt by parents, is not going to change the inevitable.

It would be so refreshing if you folks could come up with something
really logical and hopefully factual, to defend the need to spank
children.

Really. Give it a try. Hundreds before you have tried and failed, but
you, observer, are special. I can tell.

0:-