The Fluoroquinolone Drugs are the most toxic and dangerous antibiotic in clinical practice today.

Old March 17th 08, 01:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
ciprocripple

Default The Fluoroquinolone Drugs are the most toxic and dangerousantibiotic in clinical practice today.

On Mar 11, 6:06*pm, "Skeptic" wrote:
"ciprocripple" wrote in message

*Real Dr.s continue to learn from their patients

You are not my patient. *You are an overboard, melodramatic, quite possibly
lying internet poster.

Reply - And I'm very glad I'm not your patient. With your ignorance
and stupidity
you have undoubtedly injured and harmed more patients than you will
ever be
aware of, but you probably don't care. You know what you think to be
true, and
have stopped learning a long time ago obviously.

I wouldn't waste my time lying about matters as serious as this one.
For you to
say that proves that you have no other defense of your actions and
have to resort
to childish accusations of my intent here. I'm only trying to warn
other potential victims
of Dr's like you who continue to keep their tiny little minds closed
tightly and never try
to learn from their patients or the experiences of others.

I see your type all the time in the medical system. Big ego and small
mind. The all
to common God complex. Try doing a little more research on these
dangerous abx
and do it with an open mind....if that's even possible.

There are many drugs that have serious side effects that can harm a
person, but
none are as toxic or have harmed as many as the Fluoroquinolones
have.

I'll bet you anything that you don't even know that FQ's given with an
nsaid or steroid
are a deadly combination do you? Didn't think so. You are a pathetic
excuse for a dr.

I wouldn't let you treat my dog, and I feel very sorry for all the
patients you have yet to harm.
Old March 17th 08, 01:55 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Skeptic

Take your issues up with the big boys - like the text books that recommend
the FQ's as first line agent. Moron.

Old March 17th 08, 08:19 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
ciprocripple

On Mar 16, 6:55*pm, "Skeptic" wrote:
Take your issues up with the big boys - like the text books that recommend
the FQ's as *first line agent. *Moron.

Reply - The same big boys that thought Viox was so great and
harmless.

The list goes on and on for drugs that were found out too late that
they were
killing people and destroying lives, even though it was stated
otherwise in the
textbooks.

But, I guess if it's written in the text books that it sould be used
as first line,
well then it must be true. Geez, I wonder if the manufacturers had
anything
to do with that to maybe increase their sales..........you think?!?

Naw, you don't think, you just believe everything you read in those
text books.
Old March 18th 08, 11:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
davidtfull

Take your issues up with the big boys - like the text books that
recommend
the FQ's as first line agent. Moron.

Moron
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

It would seem to me, by definition, that if a person is being warn
about serious side effects, is provided with detail documentation, who
then chooses to ignore such warnings would be the one considered to be
a moron, not the one providing such warnings.

Additionally the textbook state that the fluoroquinolones can and do
cause renal calculus, but this person also chooses to ignore that text
and states that they do not. Guess you just pick and choose what you
care to use out of a textbook ignoring all the rest.

To me this is indeed notably STUPID and LACKING IN GOOD JUDGMENT. So
who here is calling the kettle black?

Insults, putdowns, and harsh words, yet not one bit of proof being
offered to support the counter arguments. That is indeed moronic.

Text books at one time stated that the world was flat too. Doesn't
mean it was. Relying upon textbooks while insulting the patients is
way beyond stupid. It is retarded at best.

Take your issues up with the big boys? Why? The textbooks you are
using are horribly outdated and probalby out of print by now.
Additionally they don't prescribe these drugs, and call their patients
morons when they have side effects. Retarded morons like this do.

Typical eight to twelve year old mentality. Calling the other person
names.

That is the second definition of moron:

Moron (psychology), a person with a mental age between 8 and 12

Your killing us here...literally, moron.

"Treatment with moxifloxacin is associated with a risk of developing
fulminant hepatitis potentially leading to life threatening liver
failure and risk of potentially life threatening bullous skin
reactions like Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal
necrolysis (TEN)."

While we are on the subject let's take a look at the latest Dear
Doctor letter as well:

This is a copy of the European Dear Doctor Letter

February 2008
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SERIOUS ADVERSE REACTIONS AND SAFETY
MEASURES
Direct Healthcare Professional Communication regarding moxifloxacin
(Avelox(R)) and serious hepatic and bullous skin reactions
Dear Healthcare Professional,
In agreement with EU regulatory authorities, including the Medicines
and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), Bayer would like to
inform you of important safety information. A recent assessment of
adverse reactions associated with the use of moxifloxacin resulted in
the following information and recommendations:
* Treatment with moxifloxacin is associated with a risk of developing
fulminant hepatitis potentially leading to life threatening liver
failure and risk of potentially life threatening bullous skin
reactions like Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal
necrolysis (TEN).
* Due to limited clinical data, moxifloxacin is contraindicated in
patients with impaired liver function (Child Pugh C) and in patients
with transaminases increased 5 fold the upper limit of normal (ULN).
* Patients should be advised to stop treatment and to contact their
physician if early signs and symptoms of these reactions occur.
* The product information has been appropriately updated.
* Healthcare professionals are encouraged to report any suspected
adverse reactions associated with the use of moxifloxacin.
Background
Moxifloxacin is known to impair liver function, and the product
information was updated to include Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome (SJS) in
2002. A review of worldwide serious, including fatal, cases of both
hepatotoxicity and bullous skin reactions such as SJS and toxic
epidermal necrolysis (TEN) reported for moxifloxacin was recently
performed.
Safety Concern
The liver injuries possibly related to moxifloxacin were more
frequently of cholestatic or mixed hepatocellular-cholestatic than of
hepatocellular type. Onset of symptoms was usually between 3 and 10
days. Isolated cases of delayed hepatotoxic effects were also
identified and usually occurred 5 to 30 days after cessation of
moxifloxacin therapy. Eight reports of fatal hepatic injuries were
considered as possibly related to moxifloxacin therapy. Cases of
positive re-challenge gave further evidence of a causal relationship.
However, the majority of patients experiencing serious liver injuries
where the outcome was reported improved or recovered.
TEN was reported in several cases where a causal relationship was
considered possible; this included two cases with fatal outcome.
Additionally, a total of 35 individual cases of SJS were
reported, including three cases where there was a fatal outcome and
seven cases which were considered life-threatening. In these 10 cases
of severe SJS, a progression to TEN was documented in three patients.
Based on the large patient exposure, the incidence of both life
threatening liver injuries and TEN is very low, although a definite
frequency cannot be calculated from these reports.
As a consequence of this review, Bayer has revised the product
information for moxifloxacin across the EU.
Recommendations to Healthcare Professionals
We would like to remind you that moxifloxacin is contraindicated in
patients with impaired liver function (Child Pugh C) and in patients
with transaminases increased 5 fold ULN.
We would like to further remind you to be vigilant for the early signs
and symptoms of severe liver injury and bullous skin reactions like
SJS or TEN. Patients should be advised to stop treatment immediately
and to contact a physician if relevant signs or symptoms occur,
including rapidly developing asthenia associated with jaundice, dark
urine, bleeding tendency and hepatic encephalopathy.
When prescribing moxifloxacin, consideration should be given to
official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents which
is especially relevant with regard to treatment of less severe
infections.
Call for reporting
If you have observed similar cases, please report adverse reactions to
the MHRA or to Bayer HealthCare.
Suspected adverse reactions should be reported directly to the MHRA
via the Yellow Card Scheme (information can be found at
Hwww.yellowcard.gov.ukH) or to Bayer HealthCare Drug Surveillance
Department either by phone on 01635 563500, fax 01635 563703, by e-
mail to .
Communication information
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact
Bayer HealthCare Medical Information department on 01635 563116 or by
e-mail at
.
Yours sincerely,
Medical Director
Bayer Schering Pharma, Bayer plc

"Treatment with moxifloxacin is associated with a risk of developing
fulminant hepatitis potentially leading to life threatening liver
failure and risk of potentially life threatening bullous skin
reactions like Stevens-Johnson-Syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal
necrolysis (TEN)."

Guess you didn't read this either since it is not in one of your
textbooks. Liver failure, SJS and TEN. If this is a safe drug what
are we comparing this too? Arsenic? Oh I know, since this isn't
Ciprofloxacin, this does not apply to the discussion at hand. Doesn't
matter that this is a proven class effect. Not. Not at all since it
isn't in the textbook must not be true.

..