The Assault On Medical Freedom: Excellent expose on earlier Quackwatch / NCAHF Operations

Old April 4th 08, 08:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
Richard Schultz

Default The Assault On Medical Freedom: Excellent expose on earlier ?Quackwatch / NCAHF Operations

In misc.health.alternative Jan Drew wrote:

: It IS better to top post rather than reread 1000 lines.

Wrong again. It is better to *edit* the 1000 lines. There is *no way* that
a one-line response needs an entire 1000 line post for its context. One
of the big advantages of usenet is that every post contains within it a
list of references, so the original 1000-line article can easily be
accessed by anyone wishing to do so.

By the way, how many lines were in the article to which you top-posted
that one-line response?

-----
Richard Schultz
-----
"You don't even have a clue about which clue you're missing."
Old April 4th 08, 02:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health
D. C. Sessions

In message , Richard Schultz wrote:
In misc.health.alternative Jan Drew wrote:

: It IS better to top post rather than reread 1000 lines.

Wrong again. It is better to *edit* the 1000 lines. There is *no way* that
a one-line response needs an entire 1000 line post for its context. One
of the big advantages of usenet is that every post contains within it a
list of references, so the original 1000-line article can easily be
accessed by anyone wishing to do so.

No question that it is better to edit. Now, what about
when we're dealing with people like kulacz, Mark Probert,
Bee, David Wright, etc. who have never mastered the use
of the "delete" key and are too old to learn now?

I respect your "so scroll down two pages and give up"
approach, but I suppose I took a different pragmatic
adaptation. If they're going to be rude, top-posting
announces the fact from the git-go.

--
| The most important exclamation in science isn't "Eureka!" |
| The most important exclamation is "What the BLEEP?" |