Got a minute for children's health care?

Old September 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Default Got a minute for children's health care?

Hello,

As you probably know, that there are more than 9 million uninsured
children in the United States, while millions more are underinsured.
This means that millions of children in America can't see a doctor on a
regular basis, can't afford prescription drugs, and can't get
preventive care, among other services. They are less likely to do well
in school, and more likely to encounter problems with their social and
emotional development. This is simply unacceptable.

That's why Families USA (the organization where I work) has joined the
Campaign for Children's Health Care, a new public education campaign
designed to raise awareness about this crisis. The Campaign is
dedicated to making comprehensive, affordable, high-quality health
coverage for all of America's children a top priority.

I urge you to be a part of this exciting multi-year effort to bring
about health coverage for all children. You can start with a very
simply act: sign our online petition and then pass it on to everyone
you know:

http://ga3.org/campaign/petition_mai...=gg_kidshealth

This campaign has only just begun, so we'll have plenty of ways for you
to get involved in the near future. In the meantime, the single most
important thing you can do is sign the petition and help us recruit as
many activists as possible. Do you have a minute to sign the
petition and pass it along to your friends?

http://ga3.org/campaign/petition_mai...=gg_kidshealth

You can find these resources and learn more about the Campaign online
at http://www.childrenshealthcampaign.org. After you've signed the
petition, please urge as many people as possible to sign it and join
the Campaign. The more activists we recruit, the more successful we'll
be in reaching our goal: high-quality, affordable health insurance
for all children!

Thank you in advance for your help,

Luis Hestres
eAdvocacy Coordinator, Families USA