Children under Child Protective Services' supervision have been beaten,tortured, starved and even killed - despite repeated warnings from teachers,neighbors and law enforcement officers.

Old August 20th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Children under Child Protective Services' supervision have been beaten,tortured, starved and even killed - despite repeated warnings from teachers,neighbors and law enforcement officers.

DSHS mismanagement hurts kids; we must break it up now

Other views
State Sen Val Stevens

As ranking Republican and a member of the Senate Human Services and
Corrections Committee for 11 years, I have seen the tragic results of
the Department of Social and Health Services' incompetence.

Children under Child Protective Services' supervision have been beaten,
tortured, starved and even killed - despite repeated warnings from
teachers, neighbors and law enforcement officers.

Most recently, CPS workers sent a 12-year-old boy back to live with his
grandparents after they beat and burned him and poured vinegar into the
wounds.

The system is infected

In 2006, I introduced legislation to split up the agency and place the
Children's Administration directly under the governor, where it could be
held accountable.

Gov. Gregoire refused, saying she needed more time for programs she put
in place in 2005 to work. I found that ironic, since splitting up DSHS
had been one of her campaign promises.

Then, in 2006, the Joint Legislative Task Force on Administration and
Delivery of Services to Children and Families did an exhaustive study of
DSHS and the Children's Administration. The task force found that the
current system is woefully inadequate, and voted 7-4 to break up DSHS.

I reintroduced legislation in 2007 to break up DSHS. Again, the governor
said she "needed more time." Yet it's clear to see that her programs
aren't working.

The truth is, Gov. Gregoire's programs will never work, because, as the
task force learned, the real problem is an entrenched good-old-buddy
network inside the Children's Administration and DSHS.

Management by intimidation

I have spoken privately with many CPS employees who describe their
management as a web of cronies and relatives whose goals are big
promotions and fat retirements - not protecting our children.

With a stranglehold on the agency, these middle managers send a strong
message to employees: "Don't criticize the agency, don't object to our
policies, don't rock the boat in any way or you'll be sorry." Only one
employee was willing to testify openly against the agency before our
task force, and he was later demoted.

CPS workers told us that their training is second-rate - they need more
help in recognizing and confronting child abuse. They described an
atmosphere of chronic disrespect for their abilities, intimidation by
power, and a workplace where morale is abysmal, creating a
revolving-door employee turnover.

We need real accountability

This situation will not change by adding a new program. The problem is
like a virus or worm that gets into a computer and destroys it from the
inside. Adding a program won't help - you need to surgically remove the
worm, clean the system and start fresh.

Only your legislators and your governor can change this system. We must
break it up, hire new management, and give CPS workers the advanced
training they need to recognize and confront child abuse. It's time to
get new blood into the agency, and end this nightmare for kids.

It's ugly to fix a broken system, but someone has to take the first
step. Your legislators don't want to do it, but they will listen to you.

Contact your legislator today and every day until he or she promises to
take action.

State Sen. Val Stevens, R-Arlington, represents the 39th Legislative
District in the Washington Legislature.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA / CIA
WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, HAPPILY DESTROYING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT
FAMILIES YEARLY NATIONWIDE AND COMING TO YOU'RE HOME SOON...

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...

Old August 21st 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
[email protected]

On Aug 20, 12:17 am, fx wrote:
[...]

CPS is NOT protecting the children, my daughter had a friend that was
placed in CPS care..... he was sexually assaulted by a pedophile
repeatedly for over a year, before CPS decided to take action and
remove him from the foster home.

Old August 21st 07, 03:03 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

lad... write
CPS is NOT protecting the children, my daughter had a friend that was
placed in CPS care..... he was sexually assaulted by a pedophile
repeatedly for over a year, before CPS decided to take action and
remove him from the foster home.

What was the reason your friend was removed from parents
in the first place? Just imagine when you get to be a parent
and the corrupt agency investigates YOU using their witch hunt!

Once in awhile a teen tries to "work the system"
to get something they want, or to escape parental rules.

Sometimes the results are tragic.

Do many teens still think it's worth it to con the system
to get what they want?

Does the Child Protection industry think they can prove
their own PR to be absolutely false one family at a time
and go on forever? Will their IN PERSON PR ever
overpower the Public Service ads?

Old August 21st 07, 04:58 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
firemonkey

On Aug 21, 9:03 am, Greegor wrote:
lad... write

CPS is NOT protecting the children, my daughter had a friend that was
placed in CPS care..... he was sexually assaulted by a pedophile
repeatedly for over a year, before CPS decided to take action and
remove him from the foster home.

What was the reason your friend was removed from parents
in the first place? Just imagine when you get to be a parent
and the corrupt agency investigates YOU using their witch hunt!

Once in awhile a teen tries to "work the system"
to get something they want, or to escape parental rules.

Sometimes the results are tragic.

Do many teens still think it's worth it to con the system
to get what they want?

Does the Child Protection industry think they can prove
their own PR to be absolutely false one family at a time
and go on forever? Will their IN PERSON PR ever
overpower the Public Service ads?

Right, right right greg, and what of the little girl who's mother put
her own daughter under the protective care of YOU?
Cold showers, put outdoors in an Iowa January with no coat, shoes or
socks?? You remember her, the one you played shower boy to when she
was 5,6& 7?
The big bad CPS saved the little girl from years of further abuse by
YOU. That call was a good one, no doubt.
I know that CPS does make some inexcusable calls, just not in lisa's
daughter's case.