Need help in Texas QUICK!!!

Old August 5th 03, 05:30 AM
Cattlebarronness

Default Need help in Texas QUICK!!!

Okay well I have asked yall for help before and did get a little. Well I
have been served for the 3rd yr. in a row. I have done everything I can to
try and get the Attorney General to drop my case including paying what ever
I need so that this case will go away. I want no support. So those of you
that think I'm in it for the money your wrong. I'm trying to find out
information to keep my child safe and sane. Her bio-father is currently
back in jail/prison(not sure which). He is a registered sex-offender, has
about 10 or more alias and has been back and forth in jail since forever. I
did not find any of this out until he and I were no longer together. I just
happen to be looking peoples names up on www.openrecords.org when I found
him. Not only did I find him registered but also his father. So I paid
what it cost to get complete criminal histories and it did pay off. But that
is just a little back ground history. Now what I need help with is what are
the visitation and support laws for ncp's in jail in Texas? I have searched
the web and can not seem to find anything. If you have anything you can
tell me about this or were to find more info please help. I have waited
till the last minute to ask for help but I have to be in court at 8 am Wed.
morning. Thank you.

Old August 5th 03, 04:29 PM
Cattlebarronness

Well as far as how long he will be in jail I have no idea. I don't even
know where he is in jail. The Attorney General is the one that told me he
was back in jail. My daughter doesn't even know him because he hasn't made
an attempt to see her in exactly 4 yr. to the date. So I am hoping they
will not make me take her to any jail to see him. I'm just so scared right
now for her. I know I sound selfish. I am her protector and feel like if I
don't try my best to protector her from everything I possibly can I have
failed.

If he gets money in jail or not is not my concern. I don't want or need his
money. In the last 4 yr.. I have improved mine and my daughters life 100
fold. She is doing well in school. She is going into 1st grade and is a
year younger than the other children in her class. I have a college fund
set up and have paid for medical, vision, dental and life insurance on her
so I do not see where I need any money from him since I am able to provide
for her with out him or his money.

I'm sorry if I am just rambling on and on and on. The only thing I don't
have is anyone to talk to about this. I know of no one that has been
through this or is in the same situation. I guess I'm just hopping I will
find something said to me as some kind of relief so I can sleep tonight and
know my child is safe. Thanks for your time.

Old August 6th 03, 01:40 AM
AZ Astrea

"Cattlebarronness" wrote in message
Well as far as how long he will be in jail I have no idea. I don't even
know where he is in jail. The Attorney General is the one that told me he
was back in jail. My daughter doesn't even know him because he hasn't

made
an attempt to see her in exactly 4 yr. to the date. So I am hoping they
will not make me take her to any jail to see him.

------------------------------
No, they will not make you take her to jail to see him. Depending on the
circumstances you may be able sever his parental rights. That way there
will never be a question of support or visitation.
----------------------------------

I'm just so scared right
now for her. I know I sound selfish. I am her protector and feel like if

don't try my best to protector her from everything I possibly can I have
failed.

If he gets money in jail or not is not my concern.

---------------------------------------
Most prison inmates earn about 15 cents to 25 cents an hour for work.
Occasionally they can earn as much as $1 to $2 an hour working for a private
company set up in the prison. For people in jail (not prison) there is
rarely an opportunity to earn any money. Is he in jail or prison? Has he
expressed an interest in seeing her? Is there a reason you don't want him
to see her,(abuse, etc)?

~AZ~

Old August 6th 03, 02:27 AM
dC

"Cattlebarronness" wrote in message
Well as far as how long he will be in jail I have no idea. I don't even
know where he is in jail. The Attorney General is the one that told me he

i had thought if someone responded to you then there'd be bunches of
'til tomorrow to find out the answers to your questions --- i am under the
impression that anyone who is incarcerated is pretty much considered a
non-entity in the eyes of the law. Texas inmates used to have their own
in-house lawyers who actually worked for TDC to represent them - for
example - when they assaulted another inmate or guard or something. i don't
think that's the case now. if the father hasn't shown an interest up until
now - maybe what you need to do is ask how you can file a request to
terminate his parental rights. you have a better chance of succeeding in
terminating his rights now that he's in jail then at any other time.

write down a list of questions you want to ask the attorney and write down
exactly what you want to achieve with Any kind of court proceedings ---
attorneys are better able to deal with an organized and directed thinker
than with someone who is emotional and without focus. you have every reason
to be emotional, i know, but it doesn't go over well with the brainiacs in
the courtroom and above all you want what's best for your child, right?

so go in that courtroom tomorrow morning with an agenda and ask "what can i
do to make ______________ happen?"

take care,
dC

Old August 6th 03, 12:47 PM
Cattlebarronness

Thanks DC. I am on my way out the door in a few minutes. I will try and
post later today what if anything happened. I have a manila envelope with
all everything in it I can think of and also have a folder put together for
questions. So I guess I'm ready as I'll ever be. Thanks again for your
replies.
Keeping fingers crossed and walking out the door.

Old August 6th 03, 10:05 PM
Randy Jabsco

Have you asked the child if she wishes to see her father or not?

--
Randy

Please don't bottom-post...
It's a bitch to scroll down.

Old August 7th 03, 06:35 AM
glow

Please don't take offence of this I do not in any way support false
allegations of Abuse to prevent contact. But a convicted paedophile should
not have any contact whatsoever with any children. Such a crime should
remove all the criminals rights in regards to children. (honestly I think
they should all be castrated also as a prevention/punishment. Rendered
infertile.)

This is one thing I know from experience if she can stop any abuse before it
happens and he has been convicted of such offences then she should take very
step to prevent her own child becoming one of his victims.

A child of that age honestly would not be able to comprehend the
implications of knowing her father. These people can be manipulative and
cunning, do not underestimate them.

s.com...

Old August 7th 03, 06:53 AM
whatever

Ok, if you believe pedophiles should not have contact with children,
what about this situation. My step-mom divorced my dad as soon as the
father of her first child got out of prison for child molestation and
married him (he was in for 12 years). In the process she got custody
of the two children my father had with her, both daughters, and my dad
is now the NCP. Now, she marries this convicted pedophile and moves
him in to my dads house, that she got in the divorce, with my two half
sister who are 13 and 15. To top it all off, my dad is behind on child
support, and this child molesting ******* is calling my dad with
threatening calls because he is not able to make his payments. This
guy is listed on the pedophile website as a molester, that is a fact.
This is a twisted state of affairs.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:05:33 +0930, "glow"
wrote:

Please don't take offence of this I do not in any way support false
allegations of Abuse to prevent contact. But a convicted paedophile should
not have any contact whatsoever with any children. Such a crime should
remove all the criminals rights in regards to children. (honestly I think
they should all be castrated also as a prevention/punishment. Rendered
infertile.)

This is one thing I know from experience if she can stop any abuse before it
happens and he has been convicted of such offences then she should take very
step to prevent her own child becoming one of his victims.

A child of that age honestly would not be able to comprehend the
implications of knowing her father. These people can be manipulative and
cunning, do not underestimate them.

ws.com...

Old August 7th 03, 08:02 AM
glow

"whatever" wrote in message
Ok, if you believe pedophiles should not have contact with children,
what about this situation. My step-mom divorced my dad as soon as the
father of her first child got out of prison for child molestation and
married him (he was in for 12 years). In the process she got custody
of the two children my father had with her, both daughters, and my dad
is now the NCP. Now, she marries this convicted pedophile and moves
him in to my dads house, that she got in the divorce, with my two half
sister who are 13 and 15. To top it all off, my dad is behind on child
support, and this child molesting ******* is calling my dad with
threatening calls because he is not able to make his payments. This
guy is listed on the pedophile website as a molester, that is a fact.
This is a twisted state of affairs.

1. Your mother should have more respect for her children.

2. He should not be allowed residence in a house with children.

3. If your mother intentionally moved in with a child molesterer she should
have lost custody.

I said 'should' I didn't say the law actually works in protecting children.
Your Dad should take the evidence about the man living in the house with
them to a court and apply for custody on the basis that he believes the
safety of his children is at risk. I don't like his chances is extremally
difficult to persuade a court that children are not in fact safe living with
their mother. and in my experience other than the actual biological parents
the family court does not look much at the behavour or existence of step
parents unless the case goes to a criminal court in an offence against the
child. Even better Idea if they have them in the UK apply to the court for a
restraining order in regards to the two children preventing the Step dad any
contact with the children on the basis of fear of interferrence it
effectively removes him from the home regardless of the marriage etc. a
Restraining order can be applied for on the basis of the guys previous
criminal history. If you can't remove the children from the house remove the
threat.

Allot of women when leaving their husbands apply for orders on this basis to
prevent dads from seeing their kids all it needs is a fear that these crimes
will happen.

Work their system against them.

Old August 7th 03, 05:40 PM
glow

"dC" wrote in message

support, and this child molesting ******* is calling my dad with
threatening calls because he is not able to make his payments. This
guy is listed on the pedophile website as a molester, that is a

fact.
This is a twisted state of affairs.

you're right ... that's messed up for sure But I know for a fact that a
person who sexually abuses a child is not automatically prevented from
seeing the child in a custody situation. i've had to supervise plenty of
visitations where a sexual abuser was allowed visits but only under
supervision. it gets even more twisted folks cuz the children i've
supervised Wanted to visit with their non-custodial parent

dC

Of course they do dC they love their parent and quite often the child is
subject to mental abuse along with the physical forcing the child to go to
them because they think they are the only one who understands them and can
protect them (ironic isn't it) sexual abuse is never just physical!

In these cases it isn't until the child is much much older that they realise
how dangerous their parent is to start with the child blames themselves for
most of it which is the truly sad part.