Sociopathic Parenting

Old October 25th 05, 06:03 PM

Default Sociopathic Parenting

Interesting concept, and why those of us that awakened to this problem
long ago find so much resistence from the advocates and apologists for
CP. And why, of course, I refer to parents dumping their failed
products of poor and misdirected "parenting" on society. Sick
sociopathic people that have become the NORM. Kane

http://www.naturalchild.org/james_ki...parenting.html

Sociopathic Parenting

by James Kimmel, Ph.D.

"The societies for the prevention of cruelty to babies and children
concern themselves only with the grossest sort of abuse. Our society
must be helped to see the gravity of the crime against infants that is
today considered normal treatment."

Jean Liedloff, The Continuum Concept1

Definitions: (From Webster's Dictionary)

Antisocial:

1. not sociable
2. harmful to the welfare of people

Asocial:

1. avoiding contact with others
2. selfish

Psychopathic personality:

* a person characterized by emotional instability, lack of social
judgment, perverse and impulsive (often criminal) behavior, inability
to learn from experience; amoral and asocial feelings; and other
personality defects.

Sociopath:

* A psychopathic personality whose behavior is aggressively
anti-social.

We live in a society that is rapidly becoming a nation of sociopaths.
The root cause of this is not the loss of family values. Neither is it
the consequence of parents who are in themselves sociopaths or
emotionally disturbed individuals. The cause, instead, is the
conventional, but abnormal, ways in which we rear our children. From
the moment of birth, children are deprived of that which humans evolved
to have - the prolonged nurturing natural to our species. We -
parents, community and government - are unwilling to make the
commitment to our children that is their birthright. We bring children
into the world - but do not accept our responsibility to be there to
care for them. ...

http://www.naturalchild.org/james_ki...parenting.html