Kid is fussy

Old September 27th 05, 09:45 PM
A Carter

Default Kid is fussy

My Darrell will only eat pasta with olive oil and tomatoes and salt. I
am worried about the nutrition of pasta. Any good whole grain pastas out
there?
Old September 27th 05, 10:55 PM
Kim

Hi Anna!

There are whole grain pastas AND vegetable pasta's... MUCH better if Darrell
is going through a fuzzy spell... My boy - back in the day - would only eat
peanutbutter and banana sammiches and a glass of milk... Brekky, lunch and
dinner!

Does he eat anything else?

Kim

k.net...

Old September 27th 05, 11:23 PM
LLL

Yes there is a lot of whole grain pasta out there. Is there a
cooperative or whole foods store in your area? They often have it in
bulk which means you can buy a littel to try it. I personally have
never tatsed anything i liked. It is also more spendy than white flour
pasta.

I bet you can order is online too.

Old September 27th 05, 11:37 PM
Dusty

"A Carter" wrote in message
k.net...
My Darrell will only eat pasta with olive oil and tomatoes and salt. I
am worried about the nutrition of pasta. Any good whole grain pastas out
there?

Well, you could always take the no non-sense approach.. "This is what's for
(breakfast, lunch, dinner), if you don't like it, go without." It didn't
take my son but one time to figure out that he wasn't going to get special
treatment at my dinner table. Unlike at his mother's house, if he doesn't
want to eat the main meal, he'll ask for, and get, something else.

Or my favorite.. "If you don't eat it now, while it's warm, you'll have it
for breakfast, when it's cold." My daughter learned to eat her veggies real
quick after that.

Remember, your his PARENT, not his buddy. Act like it.

Old September 28th 05, 12:58 AM
Big RJ

"Dusty" wrote in message
"A Carter" wrote in message
k.net...
My Darrell will only eat pasta with olive oil and tomatoes and salt. I
am worried about the nutrition of pasta. Any good whole grain pastas out
there?

Well, you could always take the no non-sense approach.. "This is what's
for
(breakfast, lunch, dinner), if you don't like it, go without." It didn't
take my son but one time to figure out that he wasn't going to get special
treatment at my dinner table. Unlike at his mother's house, if he doesn't
want to eat the main meal, he'll ask for, and get, something else.

Or my favorite.. "If you don't eat it now, while it's warm, you'll have it
for breakfast, when it's cold." My daughter learned to eat her veggies
real
quick after that.

Remember, your his PARENT, not his buddy. Act like it.

Hard core but true. I used to do the battle at the dinner table as well. I
don't now. If you don't eat your meal you get NOTHING until you eat your
next meal. I do give him water but that's it. I used to leave his food on
the table so when he came back and asked for anything else to eat he could
still eat his dinner. Sure it's rock cold, but it didn't take long for my
boy to figure it out. He sometimes asks "Daddy, can I get down, I'm full?"
"Sure son go ahead." Then he asks "Do I get something else later?" I
respond "What is the answer to that son?" He eats the rest of his dinner.
Good boy.

Big.

Old September 28th 05, 03:00 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Kim" wrote in message
Hi Anna!

There are whole grain pastas AND vegetable pasta's... MUCH better if

Darrell
is going through a fuzzy spell... My boy - back in the day - would only

eat
peanutbutter and banana sammiches and a glass of milk... Brekky, lunch and
dinner!

Why do mothers talk like babies when addressing adults? Sammiches? Brekky?
What the heck is a "fuzzy spell"? Are you children having children?

Old September 28th 05, 03:08 AM
Mystified One

I'm willing to bet it happens when you're stuck with a child all day and
can't get any adult stimulation.

The years I spent at home with my kids almost drove me nuts! I love them,
but I like being reminded I'm human, too.

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
ink.net...
:

Old September 28th 05, 03:14 AM
Mystified One

I won't force them to eat something they don't like, but I'm not a short
order cook, either. I do expect them to try stuff, but if they don't like
it, they can always have leftovers.

Yes, my kids are sometimes picky, but they are willing to compromise if I do
as well. How would you react as an adult to someone telling you to eat it
anyway? Are there foods you don't like?

"Dusty" wrote in message
: k.net...

Old September 28th 05, 03:54 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I'm willing to bet it happens when you're stuck with a child all day and
can't get any adult stimulation.

Single mothers stuck all day with children are welfare queens. Weak women
are responders who rely on other people to provide them with personal
happiness and emotional stimulation. There is no excuse for a MATURE woman
to talk like a baby!

The years I spent at home with my kids almost drove me nuts! I love them,
but I like being reminded I'm human, too.

This comment is an indication more fathers should be given custody of their
children. The emotional maturity provided by fathers is far more beneficial
to a child's development than the weak excuses mothers use to justify why
they can't do what is needed to raise their children successfully.

Kid is fussy A Carter Child Support 50 October 14th 05 06:48 PM
Tendring PCT: Dr. Sarah's baby is fussy - her baby is her priority - that is as it should be Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 January 5th 05 04:24 PM
dairy problems or just a fussy baby? Molly Ging Breastfeeding 1 October 11th 03 01:25 PM
Very fussy after bottles Laurie Breastfeeding 0 July 14th 03 06:06 AM