16 month old fedding issues

Old September 1st 06, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen Humble

Default 16 month old fedding issues

Anyone with any advice on handling a 16mth old who throws every peice of
food given to her on the floor and very little gets in her mouth.

She started as a lovely girl who ate everything and anything now she is the
fussiest child I know and I don't know where it started. She is practically
back to living on bottled milk.

I've tried cutting the mik down, out completely (but putting it in food) and
nothing works.

She was 9lb 4oz at birth and is only 20lb now..............I'm worried.The
health vistor is next ot useless so I'm asking for any help or advice from
you guys, please.

Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986 - VB - 9lb 13oz
DD 13th Aug 1988 - VB - 10lb 9oz
DD 28th Apr 2005 - VB - 9lb 4oz
---------
Emily-Rose
updated 26/1
http://photobucket.com/albums/v356/k...=view&slidesho
w=true

Old September 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

She is in charge.

A new book that may help is "Parent Management Training", published by
Oxford U. Press in the UK; the US website is he

http://www.us.oup.com/us/companion.w...4290/?view=usa

The author is a professor at Yale University. His research center
website
FAQ and recommended books list is he

http://www.yale.edu/childconductclin...l#RelatedBooks

Old September 2nd 06, 07:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Karen Humble wrote:
Anyone with any advice on handling a 16mth old who throws every peice
of food given to her on the floor and very little gets in her mouth.

She started as a lovely girl who ate everything and anything now she
is the fussiest child I know and I don't know where it started. She
is practically back to living on bottled milk.

I've tried cutting the mik down, out completely (but putting it in
food) and nothing works.

She was 9lb 4oz at birth and is only 20lb now..............I'm
worried.The health vistor is next ot useless so I'm asking for any
help or advice from you guys, please.

I'd be very firm and strict about feeding time -- the first time she throws
food on to the floor, you tell her "No" in a firm voice and explain that
food is for eating not throwing. If she does it again, you end the meal,
take her out of the chair, and put the food away. She'll probably throw a
fit, but you've got to wait it out. I'd probably continue to offer her a
bottle (and possibly foritfy it with formula for a while, if need be), but
not give in to the food throwing game. It may take a few days, but she will
eventually learn that if she's hungry, she should eat, rather than throw her
food.

Also, make sure that you only put a few peices of food (1-3 bites) on her
tray at any given time. Sometimes kids get overwhelmed by lots of peices of
food, so they swipe them off the table, or throw them. But if you only give
her a few at a time, and you only give her more when she eats what she has,
she may do better.

Good luck.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old September 2nd 06, 11:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"Karen Humble" wrote in message
[...]

how does she go with being spoon fed food then?